Rockstar North and Rockstar Games did come up with an action-adventure video game called ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ which is 2013’s main entry in the Grand Theft Auto lineup. Meanwhile, GTA V and GTA Online out for PS5 recently with new improvements and other features. However, it seems that plenty of players are experiencing the GTA 5 Crashing issue on the PS5 console while trying to launch it. If you’re also one of the victims, you can check this guide.
Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should gonna help you out. It becomes quite common among PlayStation 5 console users to encounter multiple issues like startup crashing, lagging, stuttering, FPS drops, and more due to several possible reasons whatsoever. Although we can assume that developers and Sony Interactive team will work together to fix common issues in the game, it may take some time for sure.
Fix: GTA 5 Online Crashing on Loading Screen
How to Participate in a Sea Race in GTA V Online
GTA 5 Coming to Android: Here’s how to play without download
How to deposit money in GTA Online
Solved | GTA 5 Online Not Working
Fix: GTA 5 Screen Tearing on PS4, PS5, or Xbox One, Series X/S
GTA 5 Mods Crashing My Game, How to Fix?
Fix: GTA V Unable To Launch Game Error Message On PC
Fix: PS4 and PS5 Not Able to Join Party
Fix: GTA 5 Steam Deck Crashing or Not Launching
GTA 5 Crashing on PS5, How to Fix?
Luckily, here we’ve shared some possible workarounds that should gonna resolve the crashing issue on your PS5. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check System Updates
It’s recommended to check for system updates on the PlayStation console before getting into any other workarounds. Sometimes an outdated system build can cause several issues.
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
2. Delete Saved Game Data
Well, corrupted or missing game data can also cause multiple issues with the crashing on the PlayStation console. We’ll recommend you delete the saved game data on the PS5 console to check for the issue.
- Go to the Settings menu > Select Storage.
- Choose to Saved Data > Select GTA 5.
- Press the Options button on the controller > Select the saved game data files (one or multiple).
- Hit Delete and confirm the task to complete it.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the console to apply changes.
All the game files which are locally saved will be deleted from your PlayStation console. But don’t worry. Since you’re online, all saved game data will be there. This should fix the GTA 5 Crashing issue on PS5 Consoles.
Fix: GTA V Error Failed zlib call (ERR_GEN_ZLIB_2)
All GTA Series Games in Order of Release Date
Fix: GTA 5 Error xinput1_3.dll is Missing
Best Ways to Fix GTA 5 Online Long Load Times
All GTA 5 Error Codes and Their Fixes
Fix: GTA 5 Error the Procedure Entry Point Not Found (SteamApps)
How to install GTA V mods on Steam Deck
How to Fix Disney Plus Login Error on PS4, PS5
PS5 Store Not Showing Games, How to Fix?
Should You Use Your PS5 Vertically or Horizontally?
3. Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve the potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the GTA 5 game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called ‘Rebuild Database’.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, just reboot the system normally.
4. Reinstall GTA 5
If in case, the crashing problem persists with the GTA 5 game then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the game on the console. It should gonna fix the issue. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Select Storage.
- Select GTA 5 game from the list and then Hit Delete.
- Once the game is deleted, download and install it again from the respective store.
5. Reset the Console
If none of the workarounds come in handy for you, try performing the factory reset to your console to check for the issue.
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select the ‘Initialization’ tab > Select ‘Initialize PS5’.
- From the next page, choose ‘Full’.
- Now, your PlayStation 4/5 will automatically start wiping itself to restore the factory defaults. This process may take a couple of hours depending on the installed data on the storage.
- Let the process be completed. Once done, make sure to reboot the system.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.
Fix: GTA 5 Crashing on Xbox Series X and S
Best GTA 5 Graphics Mod in 2023 to Make Ultra Realism
Fix: PlayStation Store Not Working on PS4, PS5
PS5 Randomly Deleting Installed Games, How to Fix?
Fix: Script Hook V Critical Error in GTA 5
How to Fix If PS5 Stuck on Press the PS Button
GTA 5 Online Monglitch: Is it Safe to Use Money Glitch and Worth it?