Factory resetting is usually the last resort of users when they are facing a myriad of issues on any gadget. Today we will talk about performing a hard factory reset on a smart TV from Sony. Normally, there are simple troubleshooting techniques that users should stick to at first. Sometimes it can just be a simple problem with the software or cable connectivity. A mere power reset can do the trick.
Often the problem may get solved for a short duration. Then they start appearing again. At this point, you must look for permanent solutions. Here you can try factory data reset or forced factory reset. In this guide, I have described all the three kinds of prominent reset techniques that apply to a Sony smart TV. Let’s check those out. If you have been facing any issues lately with your Android TV, then it’s time to fix them.
How to Hard Factory Reset A Sony Smart TV
Let’s begin with simple solutions.
This one is entirely simple.
- Just unplug the power connection from the socket.
- Wait for a minute
- Plug it back in
- Now, launch your TV and try to access any content. The issues you have been facing should be fixed by now.
Factory Data Reset
- Your smart TV must have a remote control with it. Grab that one.
- Press Home > go to Settings
- Now follow these steps.
- Click Device Preferences > Go to Reset
- Under that click Factory data Reset > select Erase everything
- Confirm the action.
The above steps may bear different terms depending upon the device you are using but the outcomes are entirely the same.
So, here is the last option you have for troubleshooting when there a lot of problems on your TV that the above methods could not solve. Go for this only if you are facing issues with the remote control or if your TV is on bootloop. Also, if there is a persistent error like app closing on its own or not opening even after updating then also this method will be helpful in fixing the issue.
- Unplug the power cable from the socket
- Then on your TV press the Power button and the Volume down button together.
- Keep them both pressing and connect back the power cable into the socket
- Release the buttons only when you see the green LED lighting up on your TV.
- Then the welcome screen will appear and you have to use your remote control to finish the setup
- You have select your language, region, which is the connected Android device you are having with the TV.
To make the reset process more effective, you can also perform a factory data reset as mentioned above followed by the hard reset. Now, you should not be facing any more issues with your smart TV from Sony. For convenience in the resetting, you can also follow a YouTube video tutorial.
So, I hope that this guide about hard factory reset will come in handy for those who are facing issues on their Sony TV and want to fix the same. If you have any queries, do let me know in the comment section below.