The popular Social Media platform Instagram is used by millions to keep in touch with their loved ones. We upload videos, images, and statuses to let our followers know how we are doing. Besides uploading, though, we also have an Instagram direct feature. This lets users send out personal messages to other users. It is used for sending out media as well as text.
Just like Whatsapp, this Instagram direct feature also has an activity status. That is, it shows when a user was last active. The user’s online or last active status shows up right below their Instagram name when someone opens up their Direct section to see the list of conversations. While many may not mind this feature at all, some privacy buffs might think otherwise. And for those people, Instagram has added the feature to turn off their activity status if they want to. And here, in this article, we will guide you through the entire process. So without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How to turn off or hide Activity Status on Instagram?
Hiding the activity status or turning it off will let users have the privacy they want while using the app. It will not let other users have any idea regarding their Instagram activity. Now, let’s see how you can do it.
- Launch the Instagram application on your smartphone.
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner of your screen to view your profile information.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- A pop-up menu will show up. Here, choose Settings.
- Then tap on the option “Privacy” from the list of options that show up.
- Inside the privacy settings menu, tap on the option “Activity Status.”
- Then turn off the toggle for “Show Acitvity Status.” Now no one in your list of followers will be able to see your last seen or active status on Instagram.
This process is straightforward and is the same for any smartphone. That is, you can follow this process to turn off Activity Status on both your Android or iOS device. It is the same with iPad OS devices too.
You must know that when you turn off the activity status for your account, you won’t see the activity status of other accounts. No feature lets you hide your activity status on Instagram and show other’s activity status to you.
So this is how one can hide their Activity Status on Instagram. If you have any questions or queries about this article, then comment below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more helpful information.