Whenever Apple launches their new product, it set a trademark in the market among its competitor. Apple products never let their users down, but it looks like that after the recent macOS Monterey update, the thing was not going well for many users. According to the reports from MacRumors, many users complained about a high RAM consumption issue on their Macbook after the recent macOS Monterey update.
Well, this is really frustrating because it slows down your entire device and everything you tried to open on it. Your Macbook finds it difficult to run even a small application due to this issue. But, anyway, you need not worry more! Yes, you heard it right. Today, we are here with some workaround that will surely help you fix this particular error. So, let’s take a look at the fixing procedure.
How to Fix High RAM Consumption Issue on Macbook After the Recent macOS Monterey
Here we will tell you about five methods using which you can fix this high RAM consumption error. So, make sure to follow them carefully. Also, it is not necessary that these methods work for everyone as it totally depends upon the Macbook version that you have.
Method 1: Check Compatibility
If practically, we take a look at the compatibility check, then it is not a proper fix. But, it is very important to check if your Macbook is compatible with the new macOS Monterey. It is a total waste if you’re system’s hardware is not supported the new update. However, if you have already checked and found that your system is compatible but still facing the high RAM consumption issue, then don’t worry, as we have more fixes for you.
Method 2: Disable Startup Items
The application that is started running at the startup. So, disabling them is the best option. But, in case you don’t know how to do this, then follow the instructions given below:
- First of all, click on the Apple menu located at the top left corner of the window.
- After that, navigate to the System Preferences and click on the Users & Groups.
- Then, click on the Login Items
- Now, select the application that you don’t want to run at the startup and click on the minus “–” button.
Method 3: Find and Quit Resource-hungry Apps via Activity Monitor
To find and quit the resources hungry application via activity monitor, you need to follow the instruction given below:
- First of all, follow the given path: Finder > Applications > Utilities.
- After that, locate and click on the Activity Monitor to open it.
- Now, look at the processes section and check which application is taking more than 50% CPU.
- Finally, close the application, which consumes a lot of resources. Click on the “x” button located on the toolbar.
Method 4: Clean up System Junk and App Junk
It is a very important step as the system junks also cause the high RAM consumption issue. Therefore, if you don’t know how to do it, then follow the instruction given below. But, first, you need to download a CleanMyMac app.
- Firstly, launch the CleanMyMac app and select System Junk.
- After that, click on the “Grant Access” button.
- Then, select the Scan button and wait until it scans for junk files.
- Finally, make sure to select Photo Junk, iTunes Junk to clean app junk.
Method 5: Clean Install (Re-install) macOS Monterey
Another reason behind this error is many users don’t know how to clean install the new OS update. So, it is very important to clean, install or reinstall the macOS Monterey on your Macbook. You can follow the link to install the new OS update. This will surely fix the High RAM consumption issue.
Although it is very rare when we see this kind of error on Apple devices because Apple never let their users down. But, this error really makes us feel that somewhere it might be possible that this update may have some bugs. Anyway, now you know how to fix this high RAM consumption issue on Macbook. We hope the methods we have mentioned here have helped you.