The Chinese smartphone brand Vivo has recently launched an entry-level budget segment smartphone called Vivo U10 that has quite impressive hardware specifications, better cameras, and upgraded software. It has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, Snapdragon 665 SoC, a 5000 mAh battery, a triple rear camera setup, and runs on Android 9 Pie. If you’re using the Vivo U10 handset or thinking to get it, this guide is for you. If you want to install the Stock Firmware on Vivo U10 then you can check this article completely. Here we have shared the proper guide on Installing Stock ROM on Vivo U10 PD1928F [Firmware flash file].
Android users want to heavily customize their devices for more accessibility or look. But sometimes, users may face boot loop, bricking, software bugs, low performance, and more. Therefore, going back to the Stock ROM or upgrading/downgrading the firmware will be necessary to fix those issues. Here we have also shared the download links, requirements that will be useful to flash a firmware file.
- Stock ROM and its Advantages
- Firmware Details:
- Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo U10 PD1928F
Stock ROM and its Advantages
Stock ROM is the most important operating system that comes preinstalled on your handset when the smartphone OEM manufactures and packs it. Each smartphone and tablet device comes with an OS or a custom skin specially developed for that particular model. Though it doesn’t have too many customizations, it offers a smooth and stable user experience.
While as we mentioned above that Android users prefer more customizations than the actual smartphone use or performance. Therefore, users perform custom firmware flashing, installing the root, custom recovery, custom modules, and more. In that case, users can easily brick their devices due to unsupported files or improper methods.
By installing a Stock ROM on your handset, you can easily solve the boot loop, bricking, battery draining, software bugs, update issues, lags, etc. Additionally, you can perform a system OS upgrade or downgrade as well according to your preference. Now, follow some of the main advantages of flashing stock firmware below.
- Unbrick your Vivo U10 (PD1928F) device easily
- Fix boot loop issue
- Can upgrade or downgrade the software
- Fix bugs and lags on your Android device
- Unroot the rooted device easily
- Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM
- Fix soft bricking issue
- Fix software OTA update issues, network issues, battery issues, and more
- Device Supported: Vivo U10 (PD1928F)
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool / MSMDownload tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- Skin: Funtouch OS 9.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 AIE SoC
- File: Stock ROM
- GApps File: Included
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo U10 PD1928F
Next, before going to the stock firmware installation process, let’s follow the requirements and download links as well.
- The given Stock ROM is for the Vivo U10 device.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% or above.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your device data. (Backup your phone without Root)
- You can also create a Nandroid Backup via TWRP if TWRP Recovery is installed.
- QFil Flash Tool | QPST Flash Tool – download and install it on your PC.
- Install the latest Vivo USB Drivers | Qualcomm Drivers on your computer.
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the Vivo U10 from below.
Firmware Flash File:
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.70.12: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.70.7: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.70.5: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.70.3: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.70.2: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.12.3; Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.11.4: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.11.3: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.10.7: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.10.6: Download
- PD1928F_EX_A_1.9.5: Download
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA Stock ROM via Vivo device recovery. Follow the link to install the OTA firmware update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFiL Tool:
Download the Qualcomm Flash image loader tool (QFiL) and Android USB Drivers on your PC properly.
Guide to Install Stock Firmware using QFiL Tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now, install the USB drivers on the computer.
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder.
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to the PC/Laptop.
- After connected successfully, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it’s done, disconnect your handset from the PC.
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to install the Stock ROM on the Vivo U10:
- We assume that you’ve followed all the requirements and download all the files.
- Now, open the extracted QPST folder and you will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip file.
- Open the QPST Win folder and install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop.
- After the installation process, go to the installed location in the C: Drive.
- Open the QPST Configuration.
- Now, from the QPST Configuration, you have to click on Add new port > Select the com port of your device > close it.
- Next, open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST files.
- In EMMC Software Downloader, check program boot loaders > browse for the device com port.
- Now, click on the Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml).
- Next, tap on the Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM.
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM.
- Now, click on the download button, wait for the download to finish (it never finishes but also detects for a new driver, and that’s important), and search for the new hardware found and install the driver.
- You’re done. You’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock ROM on your Vivo U10 handset.
We hope that this full-depth guide is helpful to you. If you have any queries, you can comment down below.
Sir ye jo u10 file hai ye 100 % work karti ya hai ya nahi please
Brother, the link which we given are from the official vivo channel. So yes, it works 100%