Vivo iQOO Z3 5G is the new device and a successor to the iQOO Z2 series which was launched last year. This year, the company launched the device in India through a virtual event. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G SoC and has a triple camera setup at the rear.
Vivo finally started pushing their new major OS update; Funtouch OS 12 for the iQOO Z3 5G based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number PD2073F_EX_A_6.72.9 for users in India and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Vivo has included the latest January / February 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Being the 12th installment of the Android series, Android 12 creates a lot of hype with its new features, design, UI improvements, and many more. According to the official, they are planning to release the stable version of their latest OS update anywhere soon in the month of August or October month. Meanwhile, every big smartphone venture already started rolling out their OS skin based on Android 12 for their flagship segments. Previously, Google stated that this update is going to be one of the most prominent changes ever made by Google in their OS. This is the main reason behind the hype created for the upcoming updates.
Android 12 Funtouch OS 12 Update Tracker:
Updated on March 23, 2022: Today Vivo rolled their first Funtouch OS 12 update to the Indian users with software version PD2073F_EX_A_6.72.9.
Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
|Build Number: PD2073F_EX_A_6.72.9
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on iQOO Z3 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Funtouch OS 12 update based on Android 12 on your iQOO Z3 5G, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- This Flash File is for iQOO Z3 5G.
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Flash Tool: Download AFTool | QFil Flash Tool or QPST Flash tool
- Download Drivers: Qualcomm USB Drivers and Vivo USB Drivers
Now, let’s take a look at Steps to flash Stock ROM on iQOO Z3 5G.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from your PC. That’s it!
I hope you installed the Android 12 on iQOO Z3 5G (PD2073F) successfully, Now please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.