Updated on December 31, 2018: Added Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for LG V20 Indian and US Unlocked variant downloads.
Finally, LG rolled Android 8.0 Oreo update for LG V20. The update brings the latest Android 8.0 Oreo along with latest features and update. If you are running the Android 7.0 Nougat, then you must give a try for the new baked sweet of Android known as Android Oreo. The update is about 1.6GB in size and its build number is V20c-JUL-06-2018. Along with this update, you will also get the latest Security Patch and other bug fixes. Now you can download LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo for the model: South Korean variants of the LG V20 with model numbers F800L, F800K, and F800S.
Talking about the specs, LG V20 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in September 2016. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. It runs on 1.6 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box and later upgraded to Nougat OS. This device packs a 32 GB of expandable internal storage. LG V20 brings a dual 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users in South Korea. The rollout is in a phase-wise manner, it may take a couple of days or weeks to receive the update notification on your phone. The update will soon start rolling for LG V20 globally. If you are not patient, then you can upgrade LG V20 to Android 8.0 Oreo manually by downloading the firmware given below.
[su_note note_color=”#fafff2″ text_color=”#000000″]
- Upgraded to Android Oreo 8.0 OS Upgrade
- The blue light filter in Comfort view has been improved. You can now adjust between 10 levels.
- The Home touch buttons can now be hidden while using apps.
- New app icon shapes have been added.
- Finding what you want in Settings is now easier than ever.
- Each app’s notifications can now be managed all in one place.
- The notification badge for app icons now displays according to the notifications you have in the notification panel.
- To improve battery life and phone performance apps now run less in the background.
- Sony’s codec LDAC is now supported when using Bluetooth headsets that work with the codec.
- Apps on the Home screen can now do more. You can touch and hold an app icon to see its notifications widgets and info.
If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the guide to install LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo update manually. Before that, let’s brief about what is new in this OS:
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
How to check OTA Update on V30 manually?
- Open Settings on LG V20.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tapAbout phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]
Before proceeding to upgrade the LG V20, your phone must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery and also enough storage to complete the installation process.
We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case if things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the update for LG V20. As this update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Download Firmware Here
|LG v20 [US Unlocked]
|LG v20 [Indian]
|LG v20 [Taiwan]
|LG v20 [Singapore]
|LG v20 [Videotron]
|LG v20 [Rogers]
|LG v20 [Bell]
|LG v20 [Global]
|ATT LG v20
|Sprint LG v20
|LG V20 LGF800S
|LG V20 LGF800L
|LG V20 LGF800K
Steps to Install LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo manually:
First of all, download the firmware file with build number zip and then follow the below pre-requisite.
- This Works only on all the variant of LG V20
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers.
- Also, download LG UP and LG Flashtool
- Download LG Bridge software.
Instructions to Install:
I hope you have installed all the above required LG tools and drivers on your PC. Now you can install the Android Oreo Stock firmware on LG V20 by just tapping the tutorial link down below.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note]Guide to Install LG Firmware on any LG phone
So, that’s all about it. You have successfully upgraded your phone to the latest version of LG V20 to Android 8.0 Oreo. If you have any questions or doubts or even feedbacks. Please comment below. I hope this guide was helpful to install LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo Update.