Today we will guide you on how to install the Lineage OS 17.1 on Xiaomi Poco X2 (codenamed phoenix) device by following our guide. To install this, you need to unlock the bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Two years ago, Xiaomi released its one of the subsidiary brands POCO that comes with an affordable flagship-killer smartphone called Poco F1. And the affordable flagship category smartphone trend comes into the light. Now, after two years, that brand POCO has become an independent company and recently launched an upper mid-range segment device called Poco X2.
Yes, now you can enjoy the new Lineage OS 17.1 based on Android 10, which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Thanks to the developer CryllicBuster273 for building this custom ROM for Poco X2. According to the developer, the ROM is stable enough to use as a daily driver on Xiaomi Poco X2 (phoenix).
Table of Contents
Poco X2 Specifications: Overview
The Poco X2 comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels and features a 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10 support, 500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU. The device packs 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage option. It runs on MIUI 11 on top of Android 10 out-of-the-box.
The handset sports a quad rear camera setup of 64MP (wide, f/1.9) + 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, etc. On the front side, the device packs a dual 20MP (wide, f/2.2) + 2MP (depth, f/2.4) selfie camera setup with HDR, AI Face Unlock, Beautify mode, Portrait mode, etc. A decent 4,500mAh battery backs it with 27W fast charging support.
In terms of the connectivity option, the handset features a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Infrared Port, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, compass sensor
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy, and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Poco X2 (phoenix) by flashing this custom ROM.
What's Working and What's Not?
- Camera (and flashlight)
- Telephony (Calls and Data)
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Video Playback
- SELinux is Permissive
- Proximity Sensor
- You tell me with bug reports
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Poco X2 (phoenix)
First, unlock the Xiaomi Poco X2 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Xiaomi Poco X2.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for Xiaomi Poco X2 (phoenix) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco X2 (phoenix)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- To install the latest recovery: In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install zip > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Make sure to clean the data and cache of the old ROM.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option. Tap on Install -> look for the ROM zip file and flash it.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Xiaomi Poco X2 (phoenix) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.