Most of the Windows PC version games are available on the popular Steam platform. It works as the digital distribution service by Valve Corporation as well as game owners can also play directly from the Steam client which is another good thing. As the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 version game is also available for Windows, the game can be purchased and played on Steam. Now, some of the players have reported that they’re encountering Microsoft Flight Simulator Steam Missing Executable Error while trying to install the game on Steam. If you’re also facing the same issue, then check out this troubleshooting guide.
Talking about a couple of PC players reporting on Reddit, while trying to install the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 game on the Steam client, they’re getting an error notice that says “Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)”. While some of the affected players are receiving an error message that looks like “An error occurred while updating (missing executable)”.
Now, if you’re also encountering the same issue and don’t want to wait until developers come up with any permanent solution, then check out some of the possible workarounds below in order to fix this error. So, let’s jump into it.
How To Fix Microsoft Flight Simulator Crashing on Xbox Series X
Fix: Steam VR Headset Not Detected Error
Fix: Microsoft Flight Simulator Stuck on Loading Screen on PC and Xbox Series S/X
Fix: Microsoft Flight Simulator Stuttering, Lags or Freezing on PC and Xbox Series X/S
Fix: Steam Deck Not Connecting to Steam Servers
How to Increase Download Speeds on Steam
How to Fix Steam Achievements Not Unlocking Error
Fix: Steam Link Not Recognizing Controllers
Fix: Steam Workshop Not Downloading
Microsoft Flight Simulator Steam Missing Executable Error: Fix?
- First of all, make sure that the Steam client is updated to its latest version.
- Next, simply exit the Steam client and restart your computer. In most cases, this simple method works best.
- Then verify your game files on the Steam client. Head over to the Steam “Library” > Right-click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 game > Select “Properties” > Choose “Local Files” > Click on “Verify Integrity of game files…” > Steam will start verifying the game files, so wait for it to complete > Once done, restart your Steam and run the game.
- Alternatively, you can also change the download server and try downloading or installing the game again.
- Try to “Clear Download Cache” from Steam > Settings > Downloads. Then exit the Steam client and launch it again.
- You can also change the installation folder or drive on your PC and try to install the executable file.
- Ensure that your Windows OS is running on the latest version.
- Make sure to temporarily disable the Windows Defender or Antivirus program on your computer. Otherwise, just turn off the ‘Real-Time Protection’ feature.
- Also, keep in mind to bypass the Microsoft Flight Simulator exe file and Steam exe file on the Windows Firewall program.
- Finally, if none of the steps worked for you, then uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 game will be the last option.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this troubleshooting guide very useful. For further queries, you can comment below.