Want to install the stock firmware on your Motorola XT2083-9 Defy 2021? then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you in installing the official stock firmware on Motorola Defy 2021 (codenamed: bathena) variant XT2083-9. Stock firmware comes in handy when you mess up your device to root it or install a mod or custom ROM. To be on the safe side, we always ask our users to download the official firmware on their PC and save it.
By installing a firmware flash file on Motorola Defy 2021 XT2083-9, you can unbrick, restore, fix any software-related issue, downgrade or upgrade, resolve any bugs or lag on your device. To install the Motorola Defy 2021 XT2083-9 firmware, you need the SP Flash tool on your computer.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Motorola Defy 2021 Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using the Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Motorola Defy 2021
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Motorola Defy 2021
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Motorola Defy 2021
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk: Mediatek Guide or Spreadtrum Guide
- You can unroot Motorola Defy 2021
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device: Mediatek FRP Guide or Spreadtrum FRP Guide
- Restore Motorola Defy 2021 back to Factory State
- Bypass Pattern lock on your device
How to Flash Motorola XT2083-9 Firmware File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Motorola Defy 2021, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Motorola Defy 2021 XT2083-9
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup of your android phone
- Download Drivers and Tools: VCOM drivers, SP Flash Tool, and Motorola USB Drivers
Download Flash Files
|Build Number||Security Patch/Changelog|
|RZD31.17||June/July 2022 – Android 11|
|RZD31.13||March/April 2022- Android 11|
Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Motorola Defy 2021, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Motorola Defy 2021
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Motorola Defy 2021 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.