When it comes to the Motorola brand, the only thing that comes to your mind about the affordable budget segment Pure Stock Android smartphones. isn’t it? Well, the Moto G8 is no exception here and comes with budget segment specifications like a 6.4-inches LCD display, Android 10, Snapdragon 665 SoC, 4GB/64GB storage, triple rear cameras, a punch-hole selfie camera, bigger battery, and more.
Today we will guide you on How to install OmniROM on Motorola Moto G8. This ROM is based on both Android 10 Q. To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Moto G8. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Moto G8. If yes, then here is the popular custom ROM known as Omni ROM.
What’s on OmniROM?
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
In this guide, we will help you to install Omni ROM on Moto G8 (def). Full Credits to the developer and Omni ROM team.
Now download and install OmniROM on Moto G8. This is an Unofficial Omni ROM built from source code by an XDA member. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Moto G8 by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
To Install OmniROM on Moto G8 or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install TWRP Recovery on your Moto G8.
Download ROM Package
Android 10 Q based OmniROM
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
|Download ROM here|
Steps to Install OmniROM on Motorola Moto G8
Follow the pre-requisites to install OmniROM on Moto G8
- This will work on Motorola Moto G8 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Install the Latest Motorola USB Drivers.
- Download ADB Android SDK Platform tool
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed it on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place them in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Instal
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G8
- Extract the ADB fastboot tool on local drive C
- Now boot into fastboot mode on your device
- Run the adb command window by pressing the Shift key + Right mouse click
- unzip the ROM file and move it inside the ADB folder
- Now run the command below
- Download the file and extract it and flash the images using the commands given below:-
fastboot -w (warning : this will wipe all your data) fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot reboot
To Update from Same Custom ROM
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot reboot
- For more info: Check the XDA thread
That’s it! I hope you have installed the OmniROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.