Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is the second device after Poco to receive OxygenOS ROM support. It came out of the box with Android Oreo with MIUI 10 and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. You might have heard of the OnePlus device which is running based on OxygenOS which makes the device much faster and gives you the stock experience. Well, today we have good news, now you can enjoy the OxygenOS ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro based on Android 9.0 Pie. Thanks to the XDA teztaz–v3 for sharing the OxygenOS on XDA forum. Also full credits to developing this fastest stock experience ROM from OxygenOS v9.0.3 for Redmi Note 6 Pro.
This ROM is still in beta and we don’t recommend you to use this as a daily driver. If you are a flasholic and want to see the development of this ROM, then you can flash the OxygenOS ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. Before flashing, make sure to check the list of what’s working and not working.
What is OxygenOS ROM?
OxygenOS is the customized version of the Android OS developed by Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus exclusively for their smartphones. OxygenOS was developed for their global market and there is also another version of the OS designed specifically for the Chinese home market called HydrogenOS. The ROM first started by the base of Android OS called Android Lollipop, and till the Pie release, the company has kept it completely free of bloat and unnecessary features.
# Build 20190123
– Base revert to stable 9.0.3 as currently no issues with ril
# Build 20190119
– Initial build based on OB11
Steps to Install OxygenOS ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
How do I install OxygenOS port on my Redmi Note 6 Pro? Well, don’t worry! Here we will guide how exactly you can flash and enjoy OnePlus OxygenOS ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip)
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- You need to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Download and Install Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro TWRP Recovery.
Instructions to Install:
- If you have the latest TWRP Recovery on your phone, then download the OxygenOS zip file from above download area.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, make sure to take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the OxygenOS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select System, Data, and cache vendor and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the OxygenOS flashable zip file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select the zip file from
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
I hope this guide was quite easy to flash and enjoy the OxygenOS ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. If you still have trouble to install, then head over to the thread in XDA about the same OxygenOS ROM and report your issue.