We all have been using images, charts, and graphs to make our presentation more interesting and informative. But have you ever thought about adding a YouTube video to your presentation? Embedding a YouTube video to your presentation will keep your audience more engaged.
The YouTube video can also serve as a fun way to present information to your audience. If you are wondering how to add a YouTube video to your presentation, then follow this article and learn the easiest ways to add a YouTube video to your presentation.
Steps to Put YouTube Video on Your PowerPoint:
When you link a YouTube video to your PowerPoint, you have to leave your slide to pop open the YouTube website. This habit can come up as a bit unprofessional. To provide a professional touch to your presentation, you can follow these steps given below and add the YouTube video to your PowerPoint.
Note: You need to have a proper Internet connection to play the video.
Step 1: Search for the YouTube video’s embed code.
- Go to YouTube and search for the video that you want to add.
- After you find the video, click on the “Share” button in the video description.
- The Share a link section will open up with different options.
- Click “Embed.”
- Another window will appear where you can manage the settings, such as you can start the video at a particular time by selecting the “Start at” box. You have to enter the time when you’d like the video to start.
- You can control if the player control should appear or not. You can also control the Privacy-enhanced mode that keeps YouTube from gathering information regarding visitors who visit your website. But you can avoid this option as it is not that necessary.
- Then, you can click on the “Copy” button on the bottom right corner of the window to copy the embed code to your clipboard, or you can press Ctrl +C.
- After you successfully copy the video embed code, go to the next step.
Step 2: Put the YouTube video in PowerPoint.
- Go to the slide where you want to add the YouTube video.
- Select the “Video” button on the Insert tab.
- Choose the “Online Video” option that appears on the drop-down menu.
- Under the Inset Video window, you can search for a YouTube video or paste the video embed code that you copied earlier.
- After you paste the embed code in the appropriate box, click on the arrow icon given besides that box.
- You have successfully added the video to your presentation.
- Now, you can click and drag the corners to resize the video.
- The video will appear as a black rectangle at first.
- Then, you have to right-click on the video and choose the “Preview” option. By looking at the preview, you can judge how the video will look during the presentation.
By the end of this article, you must have realized how easy it is to add a YouTube video to your presentation.
We hope you were able to understand the procedure. The steps are simple, and you can easily perform them on your own. Use our steps carefully and you can put any YouTube video on your presentation. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.