Recently Xiaomi unveiled the Redmi 9 series smartphones, and along with them, the company released a power edition Redmi 9 with a massive 6,000 mAh battery. Well, the device came out of the box with Android 10 and promised to receive the next version of Android OS; 11.0.
If you’re using the Redmi 9 Power (lime_in) device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Redmi 9 Power using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Redmi 9 Power, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power Specifications:
The Redmi 9 power sport an all-plastic built budget device. It features a 6.53 inch IPS LCD panel with an FHD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and will be protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. In terms of processing power, it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor, which is a lower mid-range processor built on the 11nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Kryo 260 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and 4 Kryo 260 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. The device comes with Android 10 out of the box with MIUI 12 running on top.
Coming to the cameras, It sports a triple camera setup at the back, which features a 48MP primary sensor with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor(120 degrees field of view) with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front, It has a single 8MP sensor with an f/2.0 lens, which will be housed in a waterdrop style notch at the top.
The device comes with three RAM variants of the phone with the standard starting at 4GB, which will have internal storage of 128GB. Then we also get a 6GB and an 8GB variant with 128GB of internal storage. And finally, the top variant will have 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. There is a dedicated slot for MicroSD expansion, though, so even the standard storage of 128GB should be enough for most people. In terms of connectivity, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Infrared sensor, and USB Type-C 2.0. There is a massive 6,000 mAh battery on the phone, which is the USP of the device. It is capable of 18W fast charging and 2.5W reverse charging. It will be available in four color options: Gray, Green, Blue, Orange.
Steps To Root Redmi 9 Power (lime_in) Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi 9 Power
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Redmi 9 Power (lime_in) model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download the latest Redmi 9 Power Stock ROM and move it to the PC
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Redmi 9 Power
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Redmi 9 Power from the below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Redmi 9 Power (lime_in) device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.