In this guide, we have shared the steps to root the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11T Pro and 11T Pro+ using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 11T Pro / 11T Pro+, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 11T Pro / 11T Pro+ Using Magisk
Follow the full-depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on any Xiaomi Redmi devices
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, you can get important data if anything goes wrong.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11T Pro / 11T Pro+ model. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device to the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 11T Pro / 11T Pro+ Firmware Flash File and move it to the PC
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi Redmi Note 11T Pro / 11T Pro+
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi Redmi Note 11T Pro / 11T Pro+ from the below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 11T Pro / 11T Pro+ device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.