This post lets you download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 devices. Now that Google has released the sturdy build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Samsung, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their flagship smartphones. This new One UI 5.0 / 5.1 update would bring in many noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 devices.
Features of Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4:
It has big shoes to fill when it comes to the Galaxy Z Fold 4. With its predecessor, the Galaxy Z Fold 3, Samsung has created one of its best foldable phones. There were significant improvements, such as the S Pen’s support and water resistance.
However, compared to its predecessor, only minor changes have been made to the design this year. In addition to the smaller hinge, the cover display bezels are smaller as well. Furthermore, Samsung has lowered the weight of the device. Galaxy Z Fold is the lightest smartphone so far, weighing just 263g.
With a 22:9 aspect ratio and slim bezels, the 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED display has a resolution of 2316 x 904 pixels. However, the panel does support a 120Hz refresh rate but does not support the S Pen. Featuring a 4nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor and 12GB of RAM, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 offers a high level of performance.
The performance of the CPU, GPU, and NPU is improved significantly by the chipset. Several internal storage options are available, including up to 1TB. There is no external expansion slot for microSD cards. In order to enhance the audio experience, stereo speakers are present. The power button on the device is embedded with a fingerprint sensor.
This model has the same 4,400mAh battery as its predecessor, which supports fast charging at 25W. Unfortunately, there is no charger included in the box of the Galaxy Z Fold 4. Among the Galaxy Z Fold 4 camera system features is a 50-megapixel primary sensor with Dual Pixel AF and optical image stabilization.
Android 13 and Its Features
Google has finally started rolling out their stable Android 13 update to the public. Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 13’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 13 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
What’s On One UI 5.1?
The latest One UI 5.1 update, which is based on the Android 13 operating system, brings several new features and improvements to Samsung devices. One of the major updates is the enhancement of the Samsung Gallery app with support for EXIF files, allowing users to access more information about their photos. Additionally, the photo viewer has also been updated with a shadow and reflection remover feature, making it easier for users to edit their photos.
Furthermore, the Weather app has also been updated with a new widget, giving users access to real-time weather updates directly on their home screens. Another notable addition is the new battery widget, which displays the battery status of all connected devices along with the phone. This feature provides users with a more comprehensive view of their device’s battery status.
Overall, the One UI 5.1 update introduces several new features and enhancements that improve the user experience and functionality of Samsung devices. With this update, Samsung continues to demonstrate its commitment to providing users with the latest technology and improving the overall performance of its devices.
All One UI 5.0 Features are:
- Improved Material You: One UI does not fully implement Material You design, but it offers wallpaper-based device theming. In the One UI 5.0 / 5.1, we get to choose from eight solo color presets. Several tweaks have been made to the Wallpaper & style section.
- Smart Widgets: With One UI 5.0, you can create the scrollable quick-look widgets by long pressing atop an existing widget on the home screen. You can also enable auto-rotation for widgets.
- Camera App Improvements: More features have been added to the Samsung Camera app in the One UI 5.0 / 5.1. In the latest version of the One UI skin, you can auto-watermark the images. You can customize the watermark with different font and layout options. Withing the Camera Promode, a histogram function has been added. It helps you manage the light distribution on a scene your camera is pointing at.
- Call-Related Changes: Several tweaks have been made to the call feature as well. During a call, you can quickly take notes by tapping the tree-dot menu button in the upper-right corner. With One UI 5.0, you can fully customize the call background image. You can even customize it on a contact-to-contact basis.
- Quick Settings Improvements: The Quick Settings panel is getting a more Pixel-like layout for the incoming notifications. Like the Pixel phones, there’s an Active Apps option in the One UI 5.0 / 5.1, which you can access by tapping on the upper-right kebab menu button. It’s helpful in checking which apps are running in the background.
- Text Extraction from Images: You can now extract text from any image by long pressing on the image. The Samsung Keyboard also has a new option to Extract text that quickly launches the camera. Even, the Gallery app has a T icon to use this feature.
Android 13 One UI 5.0 / 5.1 Update Tracker:
Updated on March 07, 2023: The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 has recently received the One UI 5.1 update with software version G998BXXU6EWAF, which is based on Android 13. This update introduces a range of new features and improvements to the Galaxy Z Fold 4, as well as some under-the-hood enhancements and minor tweaks derived from the recently launched Galaxy S23 series.
Updated on February 02, 2023: Today, Samsung rolled their One UI 5.0 update to the Galaxy Z Fold 4 globally. The update carries Android 13 with December 2022 security patch.
Download Android 13 | One UI 5.0 / 5.1 Update:
|Build Number: F936BXXU1CWAC
Security Patch: February 2023
Android Version: 13.0
|Build Number: F936BXXS1BWA2
Security Patch: January 2023
Android Version: 13.0
|Build Number: F936BXXU1BVL7
Security Patch: December 2022
Android Version: 13.0
Steps to Install Android 13 on Samsung Z Fold 4
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 5.0 / 5.1 update based on Android 13 on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You must download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 battery charged by at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 13 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4. To flash Android 13 (One UI 5.0 / 5.1) on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 13 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy Z Fold 4 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy Z Fold 4.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.
can you PLEASE upload the files for march update for europe`
I messed up my modem with february update and I dont have a sim anymore