By the end of this guide, you will be able to Setup Notifications for Android Devices that are in sync with your Fitbit device. Basically, the target is to get the notifications on your wearable from the apps that are in sync with your phone. Let’s make it more simple. If you get any message on WhatsApp on your device, then you can know about it from the smartwatch itself. The same we can say for phone call notifications, alarms and reminders.
In this guide, we have covered everything about verifying in various settings. It includes primary ones such as Bluetooth and system-wide notifications. Also, we have talked about setting up the notification in the Fitbit app. In fact, we have also discussed setting up encrypted notification.
Table of Contents
Setup Notifications for Android Devices Connected to A Fitbit Device
We will begin by Updating the Android OS firmware and the Fitbit Wearable device. For the latter, you can check our guide on How to Update Any Fitbit Wearable Device Manually.
To check for the latest available build for your Android phone,
- Go to Settings > System
- Under that go to System Updates
- Then either the device will automatically run a check for any available updates
- Otherwise, you can look for any option that says Check for Updates.
Setting up the Bluetooth
- Go to Settings > Connected devices
- Under Connection preferences > go to Bluetooth.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth is set to on to discover and sync with Fitbit wearable
Setting up Notification
In order to get a notification on the Fitbit wearable, you must first receive the same on your smartphone.
While the Device is Locked
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications
- Make sure to enable notifications on the lock screen.
Enable App Notifications
- In the Settings app > go to Apps & notifications >
- Under Notifications > go to Recently sent.
Disable Do Not Disturb
- Go to Settings > Sound.
- Set the Do Not Disturb to off.
Notification Setup in the Fitbit App
- Go to Today tab on your Fitbit device > tap the Profile picture
- Tap on the device image > go to Notifications
- Pair the Fitbit smartwatch with your phone.
- Next, you have to choose the types of notifications you want to receive. This normally includes the Phone call app, Messages app, Calendar, etc.
- Also, you can tap on App Notifications to choose other apps you want notifications from.
Setting up Encrypted Notifications
This means the notifications that will sync from your smartphoen to the smartwatch will be encrypted. This is for an enahnced security to avoid any kind of third-party enmtity that may try to access the information. Let’s see how to set this up.
- On the Notifications > go to Require Encryption
- Then close the Fitbit app and relaunch it so as it can sync with the dveice to send encrypted information.
So, that was all about how to Setup Notifications for Android Devices that are in sync with the Fitbit smartwatch. Check out our other guides related to Fitbit wearables.
You May Also Like,