The Chinese OEM Vivo has known for its affordable budget segment camera-centric smartphones with the nice build quality and design that users love so much. As the title suggests, here we have shared the steps and firmware download link to flash the Stock ROM file on Vivo X20 PD1709F very easily.
The Vivo X20 handset is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset and if in case you’re facing any kind of issues with the firmware or device performance then this guide is for only you. Due to the Android’s unlimited customization ability, plenty of Android lovers want to perform rooting or flashing any third-party file or even flashing any mod file on their handset. In that scenario, any wrong step or wrong file can cause a bootloop or bricking issue to the device which needs to be fixed by installing the stock ROM.
Here in this article, we’ve provided the Stock ROM flash file of the Vivo X20 with download links and other requirements. You can easily either install the firmware by using Qualcomm Flash Tool or QFil tool or QPST flash tool. Now, let’s take a quick look at the stock firmware benefits below.
- Why We Need Stock Firmware?
- Steps to Install Stock firmware on Vivo X20:
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that runs on each and every Android device which is designed by the particular OEM for the device. Stock Firmware file is different for each device and requires to install if the device gets any problem like performance issues, software lag, etc. Additionally, by flashing the third-party file on Android devices, some of the users may find it difficult to keep running as a daily driver.
In that situation, only the Stock ROM comes in handy and by installing it, users can easily run their smartphone like before. Stock ROM flashing is also considered as restoring your Android device along with the stock recovery mode. Stock Firmware always gives you a right amount of performance and user experience with stability that you won’t find on Custom Firmware.
The Advantage of Stock Firmware:
- Stock ROM requires to Unbrick your Vivo X20
- Stock Firmware can fix the Bootloop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade Vivo X20
- Fix Bugs or Unroot your Vivo X20
- Fix lags or stutter
- Fix other software issues like OTA updates, battery heating/draining, etc
- Bring back the device warranty (if applicable)
Steps to Install Stock firmware on Vivo X20:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- Supported device: Vivo X20 PD1709F
- Charge your phone: You need at least a 50% charge on Vivo X20
- Laptop or PC: To carry out this installation, you need a PC or Laptop.
- Take Device Backup: The very first thing to pay attention to is taking the device backup. You might not be able to take the backup of phone data, however, if you have inserted a memory card in your device, remove it at least to save it.
- Download AF Tool, QFil Flash Tool, or QPST Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Install the Latest Vivo USB Drivers | Qualcomm drivers
Download Flash Files
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Guide to Install Vivo Firmware on any Vivo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Download the Qualcomm Flash image loader tool and USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the link to install the firmware using QFIL tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from PC. That’s it!
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Vivo X20:
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Vivo X20.
We assume you’ve installed the Stock ROM on Vivo X20 successfully, Now, please rate this website with your comment. We always welcome feedback and improvements.
Nice tips for x20 vivo here. I have x20 but having trouble cannot reboot again. Do you have any suggestion?
My x20 never being flashed, still origin. But suddenly have that problem.
Just try holding the power key for few seconds and don’t leave unless it reboots. Maybe it will take 15 to 20 seconds
my vivo x20 is blocking me if I do this there are chances of damaging it?
la rom es la q dice: Vivo_X20_PD1709F_EX_A_1.8.7_SDM660_QFIL.zip??
the rom is the one that says: Vivo_X20_PD1709F_EX_A_1.8.7_SDM660_QFIL.zip?
How do I communicate better with you? by mail?