Vivo; another child of the giant BBK has announced a new smartphone on April 6. This Vivo Y50 (Model: PD1965F ) sports a 6.53-inch display, Snapdragon 665, 8GB RAM, 128GB ROM, quad rear cameras, 5,000 mAh battery, and runs on Android 10. If you’re the Vivo Y50 user and looking for the official Stock Firmware to download, you can follow this full guide below. Here you can check How to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Y50 PD1965F [Firmware flash file]. We have also put up the stock firmware advantages, firmware info, and requirements for your ease.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the bootloop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the Vivo Y50 device runs on Qualcomm chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using the any method given below.
- Vivo Y50 Device Overview
- Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
- Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Y50 PD1965F
Vivo Y50 Device Overview
The Vivo Y50 sports 6.53 inches IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution. That said, it has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. It has a screen to body ratio of 83.1 percent, an aspect ratio of 20:9, and a pixel density of 403 Pixel Per Inches (PPI).
Underneath the Vivo Y50, it sports the tried and tested Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, which we have seen on a dozen of phones. This SoC is built on the 11mm process, and the octa-core setup includes four Kryo 260 Gold cores clocked at 2.0GHz, and the other four Kyro 260 Silver cores clocked at 1.8GHz. To the GPU side, this SoC pairs with the Adreno 610 GPU.
Coming to the memory options available in this device, it is available in only a single variant, i.e., with 8GB of RAM. This comes with 128GB of internal storage. Further, this onboard storage is also expandable via a micro SD card up to 256GB. The smartphone runs on the latest Funtouch 10.0 that is based on Android 10.
Talking about optics, the Vivo Y50 comes with the quad rear camera setup. This camera setup includes a 13MP primary sensor with an aperture value of f/2.2 and with PDAF. This primary sensor gets assisted by a secondary 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an aperture value of f/2.2. And a tertiary 2MP macro sensor with an f/2.4 aperture value. Finally, it also gets a 2MP depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. To the front, the device gets a 16MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0.
The Vivo Y50 comes with a 5,000 mAh battery, which charges over a USB type C port. The device also comes with support for 15W Flash charging tech. Talking about the biometric options available in this device, it has a physical rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and as well as support for face unlock. The device is available in two color options, namely the Starry Black and Iris Blue.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE. GPS with A-GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS. FM radio, USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Sensors other than the fingerprint scanner include accelerometer, proximity, and compass. The brand is yet to announce the pricing, and it would be priced under the 20,000 segment.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of bootloop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
- You can unbrick your bricked Vivo Y50.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Vivo Y50.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Vivo Y50.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
- Device Supported: Vivo Y50 PD1965F
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool / MSMDownload tool
- Android OS: 10 Q
- Funtouch OS: 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Y50 PD1965F
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo Y50. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download QFil Flash Tool or QPST Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Install the Latest Vivo USB Drivers | Qualcomm drivers
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the Vivo Y50 from the link below.
Download Flash Files
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.Guide to Install Vivo Firmware on any Vivo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:
Download Qualcomm Flash image loader tool and USB Drivers on your PC. Follow the below link to install the firmware using QFIL toolGuide to Install Stock ROM using QFIL Tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from PC. That’s it!
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Vivo Y50 :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Vivo Y50.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Vivo Y50 PD1965F. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.