Awaceb and Kepler Interactive recently released Tchia as an action-adventure open-world physics-driven sandbox video game that allows players to climb, glide, swim, and sail their boat then take control of any animal or object they find, etc. Though the title looks pretty fine and optimized, it seems that some players are experiencing the Tchia Stuttering and Lagging issue on their PS4 or PS5 consoles quite often which becomes frustrating a lot.
Well, it’s quite common for newly released video games no matter which platform or device you’re using. Developers are expected to take some time to resolve such issues permanently. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue on PlayStation then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. We should also mention several possible reasons applicable to such an issue. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
Fix: Tchia Stuttering and Lagging on PS4, PS5
The chances are high that you’re having the lagging or stuttering issue on your PlayStation console, there might be conflicts with the outdated game version, outdated software version, problems with the in-game graphics settings, etc. As we’re now aware of the potential reasons, it’s time to jump into the workarounds below. Make sure to follow all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed completely.
1. Perform a Power Cycle on Your PlayStation
First of all, you should perform a power cycle method on your PlayStation 4/5 console by following the steps below to remove temporary glitches or cache data issues whatsoever.
- Power Off the PlayStation console completely.
- Now, remove the power cable from the console.
- Wait for around 30 seconds or more > Then plug back the cable in.
- Turn On the console and check for the issue again.
2. Check for Tchia Updates
If in case, you haven’t updated the Tchia game on your PlayStation 4/5 console after installing it for a while, the chances are high that it becomes outdated. You should always check for the game updates manually by following the steps below.
- Head over to the Home screen on your PlayStation console.
- Go to the main menu > Select the Games tab.
- Now, scroll down and select Tchia to highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
- If there is an update available, make sure to Download and Install the same.
- Wait for the update to install and then reboot the console.
3. Update the PS4 or PS5 Software
It’s highly recommended to check for the software on your PS4/PS5 console to avoid glitches and lags. To do that:
- Go to the Settings menu > Choose System.
- Choose System Software > Select System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Hit the Update Using Internet option.
4. Disable Motion Blur and Film Grain
You can try disabling the motion blur and film grain in the Tchia game which you might find useful. We should mention that both the Motion Blur and Film Grain features make the game visuals look more cinematic but also reduces performance. But you can eventually increase some frame rates and reduces lags by disabling the motion blur and film grain. To do so, go to General in the settings menu > Select Visuals > Turn Off both Motion Blur and Film Grain.
5. Try Lowering the Field of View
The Field of View (FOV) basically determines the level of the game scenes and visuals you can see on the display. A higher FOV will obviously look good on the screen to make all the scenes immersive but eats up a lot of system resources which reduces frame rates for sure. So, you should try lowering the FOV to get a better result in gaming performance. To do that: go to the Settings menu > Choose Visuals > Reduce the FOV option to check if the Tchia Stuttering and Lagging on PS4, PS5 gets fixed or not.
6. Adjust In-Game Display Settings
We’ll also suggest you adjust the in-game display settings on your PlayStation console by following the steps below to try to reduce the graphics quality.
- Go to the Settings menu > Select Visuals > Locate the Graphics Mode option.
- Select the Performance mode > Try lowering the resolution.
- Now, Turn Off other visual effects to reduce lags.
- Go to the Settings menu > Select Display & Sound.
- Locate the Video Output Settings option > Lower the Display Resolution to 1080p.
- Disable other display options to cross-check the issue.
7. Clear the Tchia Game Save Data
You can try clearing the Tchia game save data on the PS4/PS5 console to fix several issues with the gaming performance.
- Go to the Settings option > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Go to System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Now, select the Tchia game > Select the deletable files or just choose Select All.
- Select Delete > Select OK to confirm.
- Once done, reboot your console.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.