Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is an action role-playing first-person shooter video game developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. It is a spin-off in the Borderlands series and a successor to Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. Now, it’s finally available for PC in March 2022 via Epic Launcher. Though the PC gamers have reviewed this game mostly positively, somehow several players are experiencing the black screen issue on PC.
According to multiple reports online, the affected players are mentioning that whenever they try launching the game, it just stuck at the black screen. Another major issue is that during the black screen, there is no sound coming out as well. After waiting for some time, players have to press the Alt+F4 keys to simply get out of the screen and nothing else. So, this issue or bug is really frustrating.
All Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Shift Codes List
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Stuttering, Lags, or Freezing constantly
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Best Classes Guide
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Crashing or Not Loading on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Audio Not Working or Sound Cutting Out
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Multiplayer Not Working on PC, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Best Morticulturalist Pet Build Guide
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Screen Tearing on PS4, PS5, or Xbox One, Series X/S
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Best Build: Spellshot, Graveborn, Clawbringer, Melee and More
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Can’t Connect to Server
- Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Black Screen After Startup
- 1. Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
- 2. Run the game as an Administrator
- 3. Check Graphics Driver Update
- 4. Update Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
- 5. Check System Resources
- 6. Disable Overlay Applications
- 7. Check Windows Updates
- 8. Lower in-game Graphics Settings
- 9. Update DirectX
- 10. Press ALT+TAB Key Combo
- 11. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
- 12. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- 13. Verify Game Files and Repair
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Black Screen After Startup
Well, the chances are high enough that Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands black screen issue may appear due to the PC configuration compatibility issue with the game’s system requirements. Meanwhile, having an outdated graphics driver, missing or corrupted game files, outdated game version, issues with DirectX, overlay app issues, higher in-game graphics settings, etc can cause several issues with the black screen while the game launches.
It’s worth mentioning to check out the game’s system requirements from the mentioned link to ensure there is no compatibility issue appearing on your computer.
1. Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
- Right-click on the Start menu and select the Settings option. This will open the Settings app on your screen.
- In the Settings app, click on the System option.
- Next, click on the Display option.
- Scroll down and select the Advanced Graphics settings option.
- Now, uncheck the Enable Fullscreen Optimization box in the Fullscreen Optimization section.
2. Run the game as an Administrator
Make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Epic client as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on the Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Check Graphics Driver Update
Make sure to check out the graphics driver update on your PC whether it’s outdated or not. Sometimes an outdated GPU driver version or corrupted driver can cause several issues whatsoever. It’ll also help you to fix the black screen-related issues with games or applications. To do so:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
4. Update Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
If in case, you haven’t updated your Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Epic client > Go to Library > Click on Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
5. Check System Resources
If the game loads slow or takes too much time in startup then make sure to check out the system resources after launching the Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands game on your PC by following the steps below to check whether the RAM or CPU Usage becomes higher or not.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
6. Disable Overlay Applications
According to some affected players, overlay applications can run in the background while gaming and it basically consumes system resources which will cause issues with the gameplay too.
So, disabling them before launching the game will come in handy if you’re not using any dedicated overlay application for chatting, or taking screenshots, or recording gameplay sessions.
7. Check Windows Updates
The chances are also high that your Windows OS build becomes outdated for a while. In that scenario, your gameplay performance will impact a lot apart from bugs or stability issues. So, it’s always better to check for Windows updates and install the latest version (if available). To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is an update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
8. Lower in-game Graphics Settings
Try lowering the in-game graphics settings from the game menu to check if that helps or not. Disable V-Sync, Shadow effects, Anti-Aliasing, and try running a lower display resolution for the game to fix black screen-related issues.
9. Update DirectX
Sometimes an outdated DirectX version or missing DirectX can also cause multiple issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try following the steps below to update it.
- Head over to this Microsoft link to download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your PC.
- Next, install or update the DirectX version manually.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
10. Press ALT+TAB Key Combo
Some affected PC users have mentioned that by pressing the ALT + TAB key shortcut combo, they’re able to switch between the opened programs on the PC. So, keep pressing the ALT + TAB to switch between programs and then go back to the running game again to check whether the problem has been fixed or not. It’ll change the display mode from full-screen to windowed mode and then full-screen mode which can fix the black screen issue.
11. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
It seems that a couple of popular apps do have their own overlay program that can eventually run in the background and cause issues with the gaming performance or even launching issues. You should turn them off to fix the issue by following the steps below:
Disable Discord Overlay
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar option.
If in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and launch the game again.
Also do keep in mind that you should disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that run in the background always.
12. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Make sure to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your computer to fix multiple gaming issues or errors completely. To do that:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard to open up the Start Menu.
- Type Apps & Features and click on it from the search result.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) in the list.
- Select each program and click on Uninstall.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Once done, install it on your computer, and restart the system to change effects.
13. Verify Game Files and Repair
It’s also recommended to verify the game files and try repairing them automatically using the game client.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands DLC Not Working or Showing on PC, PS4, PS5, or Xbox Consoles
Fix: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Out of Video Memory and DX12 Not Supported Error\
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands All Dice Locations
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Best Weapons To Farm 2022
Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Best Character Backgrounds For Your Class