Titanfall 2 PC players are literally facing plenty of issues for a while. Whether you’re playing the game on Origin client or Steam client, there are some issues with the game launching and freezing issue. Now, some of the players have started reporting that Titanfall 2: can’t launch the game in the Steam launcher. If you’re also one of them, check out some of the possible fixes below.
According to the Steam players, the game isn’t launching at all due to some missing files. While one player has decided to buy the game again on Steam after purchasing on Origin and after downloading, the Steam version redirected to the Origin Lite. It literally asked to download the game again. Once re-downloaded, the Origin version won’t launch.
After uninstalling and reinstalling both the game, Origin didn’t ask to download the game again but this time the ‘Play’ button is grayed out. It’s also worth mentioning that the game file repairing won’t work at all for most of the users.
- Titanfall 2: Can’t Launch The Game In Steam Launcher: Fix?
Titanfall 2: Can’t Launch The Game In Steam Launcher: Fix?
Here we’ve shared the possible workarounds to resolve the game launching issue in the Steam client. Now, without getting further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Run Steam as Administrator
Make sure that your Steam client is running as an administrator. By allowing the admin access, you’ll be able to freely run the client and games. To do this:
- Right-click on the Steam client desktop shortcut.
- Go to Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click to enable the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ checkbox.
- Now, select Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, you can run the Steam client and check if the problem appears to you or not.
2. Check Steam Server Status
If in case, you’re getting the game launching issue on your Steam client, try checking the Steam server status by visiting the Steam Stat website or DownDetector website. There are some possibilities that may be Steam is going through technical issues. Meanwhile, if there is no server downtime or outage happening in the background, you can proceed to the next method.
3. Disable Windows Security or Third-Party Antivirus
There is no need to say that whether you’re using the default Windows Security program on your Windows computer or not, you should have to turn off the real-time protection from the Windows Update & Security section.
However, if you’re using any third-party antivirus program on your PC/Laptop, you have to turn off the overall protection from the respective application. Whenever there is antivirus protection running in the background, it basically prevents game files or clients to connect to the servers or run properly. In order to allow ongoing and outgoing access to the game files, you’ll require disabling the protection software temporarily to check if your game runs fine or not.
4. Update Windows OS Build
Updating the Windows OS build is necessary enough just like updating the applications or mobile software. It basically improves the system performance, stability, fixes multiple security bugs, etc. Therefore, you’ll need to follow below steps:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > From the Windows Update section, select Check for updates.
- If there is an update available, make sure to choose Download and Install if the update doesn’t get started automatically.
- Let the process be completed. Finally, restart your computer and check for the issue again.
5. Update Graphics Driver
It seems that there is some issue with the graphics driver version such as either it becomes outdated or the driver isn’t installed properly. To simply update your graphics driver without any hassle:
- Right-click on the Start menu > Select Device Manager from the Quick Access Menu.
- Double-click on the Display adapters to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated GPU Card and choose Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- It’ll automatically search for the latest drivers and install the update (if any).
- Finally, restart your system and check if the Titanfall 2 game can’t launch in the Steam client issue has been fixed or not.
6. Disable Overlay Apps
Try disabling the overlay apps on your Windows computer like Steam overlay, Nvidia GeForce Experience, Discord overlay, Xbox Game Bar, etc. If in case, you’re one of the overlay app users then try not to use it during launching and playing the game. You should go to the individual overlay app settings and turn it off manually.
7. Log out and Log in to Steam Account
If you’re experiencing multiple issues with your game launching on the Steam launcher then make sure to log out and log in to the Steam account. This will ensure there is no account related issues or glitch. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to your profile section from the upper-right side of the interface.
- Just click on your profile > Click on Log out of account.
- Once logged out of your account, you can close the client to refresh it.
- Finally, launch the client again > Log into your valid profile and try running the Titanfall 2 game.
8. Link EA Games on Steam
- First of all, you’ll need to sign in to the Steam account.
- Now, open the Titanfall 2 game via the Steam client.
- You can install the Origin client if you haven’t installed it on your PC yet.
- Next, launch the Origin client and link your Steam account with your EA Account.
- Then log in to your Origin client using the EA Account or create a new EA Account.
- The Steam client will install your Titanfall 2 game and you’ll be ready to play.
- Finally, you may not experience the Titanfall 2 Can’t Launch in the Steam client issue anymore.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this article pretty useful. For more queries, you can comment below.