Well, The Moto G8 Plus smartphone released in October 2019. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. If you are using Moto G8 Plus smartphone and want to root then you’re in right place. You can now Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G8 Plus and root using Magisk.
Here in this article, we will cover all the basic details, requirements, download links, and installation steps completely. If you’re an advanced user or a developer, you may know that installing TWRP Recovery and rooting a device can make a huge difference in user experience. You can simply do a lot of things or customizations after installing TWRP Recovery and gaining root access. You will be able to flash Custom ROMs, install Mods, perform backup and restore, installing root, and more.
Let’s head over to the device specifications overview in brief. Then we will head over to the Recovery.
Table of Contents
- 1 Moto G8 Plus Specifications: Overview
- 2 TWRP Recovery: Overview
- 3 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G8 Plus
- 4 Steps to Root Moto G8 Plus
Moto G8 Plus Specifications: Overview
The Moto G8 Plus smartphone was launched in October 2019. It comes with a 6.3-inches IPS LCD display with a 1080×2280 pixels resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio as well. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. While the storage can be expandable up to 512GB via a MicroSD card.
The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie with pure Android UI out-of-the-box. It sports a non-removable 4,000 mAh battery which supports fast charging as well. In terms of the camera department, the Moto G8 Plus has a triple rear camera setup of a 48 MP primary (f/1.79) + a secondary 16 MP camera (f/2.2) + a third 5MP camera (f/2.2). While it has PDAF, HDR, Panorama, and an LED flash. On the front side, the handset features a 25 MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
The Moto G8 Plus includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C port, FM Radio, 3G/4G dual nano-SIM, and more. In terms of the sensors, it packs an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, compass, gyro, proximity, and a fingerprint sensor.
Now, we will talk about the TWRP Recovery and its advantages and then installation steps.
TWRP Recovery: Overview
TWRP full form is “Team Win Recovery Project”. It let the user flash recovery files and ROM files over ZIP or image extension easily with a simple and fully-featured User Interface. The TWRP is so much popular and widely used by the users and developers all over the world. Here we have mentioned some of the advantages of installing TWRP Recovery on your device.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Flash Custom ROM.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot with SuperSU.
- Install Magisk for root and unroot.
- Flash GApps package as well.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Moto G8 Plus.
- Remove all bloatware using TWRP.
- You can underclock and overclock the system performance.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G8 Plus
We will share you the full depth guide on how to download and install TWRP recovery on Moto G8 Plus handset. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several Mods, flash ROMs, take backup & restores, and more. Follow the download links and requirements as well. Then check the full depth guide completely.
- TWRP Recovery file: Download Here | Mirror link
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Motorola USB Driver – Download and Install on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
- This guide and file are only supported for Moto G8 Plus. Don’t use it on other devices.
- You will require to unlock the bootloader on Moto G8 Plus. (Process will be the same)
- Charge your device battery up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup without the root of your device data.
- You will need a USB cable and a PC/Laptop to connect your phone with the computer.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
- Developer options and USB Debugging must be enabled on your device.
- Go to the phone Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Tap on it 7 times and the Developer options will be enabled.
- Then go back to the main Settings menu > System > Advanced > Developer options > enable USB Debugging option.
- The bootloader must be unlocked as well on Moto G8 Plus. (Follow the guide)
- Then, load the phone in fastboot mode and connect it with the computer.
- In your PC, open the extracted ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Flash the TWRP temporarily by the following command. [recoveryimagename is the name of the image file]
fastboot boot recoveryimagename.img
- In the TWRP Recovery, you will find a checkbox at the very beginning. Just check the box and proceed to avoid any requests in the future.
- Go to the Install option – flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.zip file.
- Flash the TWRP again via Install option to flash it permanently.
- That’s it! Enjoy TWRP on your device.
Steps to Root Moto G8 Plus
In order to root your phone, you will need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Moto G8 Plus without PC or Computer. Here in this guide, we will share how to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. It will give you the superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Moto G8 Plus, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Moto G8 Plus.
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- By Rooting Moto G8 Plus, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Moto G8 Plus:
Here is the guide on how to root Moto G8 Plus smartphone. Make sure to follow only one method, either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.Guide to Install SuperSU on Your Device Guide to Install Magisk and Magisk Manager
Hope that you have successfully installed TWRP and enabled root access on your Moto G8 Plus device. In case if you’re facing any issue, feel free to ask in the comments down below.