Here you will find all the official stock ROM flash files for the Verizon LG V40 ThinQ LMV405UA (V405UA). Verizon LG V40 ThinQ was launched in the year 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 and Android 10. The device comes with Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 with 3GB RAM support. In this article, we will guide you on how to download and install the stock ROM flash file on your Verizon LG V40 ThinQ.
As we know, Verizon rolls security patch update every month for their device, we have been tracking the update for LG V40 ThinQ in a separate article for the same; so check out our article to get all detail about the new software update for Verizon LG V40 ThinQ; Verizon LG V40 ThinQ Software Update Tracker.
Go to your phone Settings > General > About phone > Update Center. Then tap on System update> Check for update. If the new software has arrived, it will pop-up on the screen. Then simply download it. We will suggest that you connect to a good Wi-Fi network to download the OTA. In this way, you can save your carrier charges for data. Make sure your device’s battery charge is 50% or more. A low battery will hinder the installation process.
Table of Contents
New Firmware Details
- Device Model: LG V40 ThinQ
- Carrier: Verizon
- Region: USA
- Android version: 9.0 Pie
- Security patch level (SPL): March 2020
- Software version: V405UA20g
- File size: 320MB
- What’s changing: Android device security updates
Steps to Flash Verizon LG V40 ThinQ Firmware File
We will follow the flash tool guide to install or update the LG stock firmware on the LG V40 ThinQ device. We have provided the full guide below. Check it out. Before going to the installation process, let’s take a look at the requirements as well.
- The ROM is only supported by the LG V40 ThinQ model. Don’t use it with other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and USB cable to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers on your computer.
- LG Bridge software – Download and install it on your PC.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP on your PC and install it.
If you see any blank screen from the above download link, you have to download and install the XDM download manager first, Once you installed the XDM download manager you can simply copy the above KDZ firmware URL and start a new download job in XDM download manager.
Installation Guide for Firmware
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use LG Flash Tool to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide that you can follow to install the firmware on your device.Guide to Install LG KDZ Firmware on any LG Devices
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock Firmware on your LG V40 ThinQ device. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.