Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is the new free-to-play battle royale video game released on November 16, 2022, and it is a sequel to 2020’s Call of Duty: Warzone. The game is now available for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. After the huge success of Warzone 1.0, Activision has finally put every developer together to bring their new Warzone 2.0 to the public. Most Call of Duty titles come with issues that become quite common for the players irrespective of the several platforms. Now, it seems that recently Warzone 2 players are encountering the voice chat not working issue on the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S|X devices.
If you’re also one of the victims getting the Warzone 2 voice service unavailable message, then you’re not alone. Here we’ve shared a few troubleshooting methods below that can greatly help you. Needless to say, affected players cannot enjoy the game properly due to the in-game audio-related issue while chatting with friends. Since Warzone 2.0 has released, it has had some other issues like screen flickering, being unable to save, and more.
How to Fix COD Warzone 2 Voice Chat Not Working
If you’ve started experiencing the same voice service unavailable error message or the voice chat not working issue on COD Warzone 2.0, follow the methods below to fix it. Having voice communication in the multiplayer FPS game is vital to easily winning matches. With the multiplayer gaming mode, players feel good enough to enjoy the game sessions while communicating. There might be a few reasons behind this issue.
So, we suggest you follow this troubleshooting guide completely until the problem is fixed. Now, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Set Default Communication Device (PC)
First, you should check for the default communication device on the PC to ensure the voice chat option is working fine. You can follow the steps below to select the connected microphone device on the PC.
- Open the Start menu > Open Sound Settings from the search result.
- Now, under the ‘Input’ section, select the active microphone of your headset.
- Launch the Battle.net client > Select Warzone 2 game.
- Go to Options > Set Microphone Device to the ‘Default Communication Device’. [under Audio Voice Chat Settings]
- Finally, you can reboot the PC and try launching the Warzone 2.0 game again.
2. Ensure Microphone is Connected Properly
You should cross-check whether or not the microphone is connected to the gaming device properly. Sometimes incorrectly inserted microphone jack or even a loose, wobbly jack connection can cause such an issue. So, unplug the microphone jack, and reconnect it again. Once the microphone is connected, you can check if it’s working fine or not.
3. Unmute Microphone and Audio In-Game
You can check whether your microphone connectivity is muted or not on the gaming device. Additionally, it would be best to cross-check whether the in-game audio is turned on & isn’t muted or not. Sometimes, these minor things can help you fix such an issue that you may forget to check as a player in a hurry.
4. Allow Microphone Access
It’s better to allow microphone access on your gaming device respectively to be able to get the proper in-game voice chat option. To do so:
- Press the Win key to open the Start menu > Search for Microphone Privacy Settings.
- Turn On the Microphone access option > Enable the Let apps to access your microphone option.
- Now, make sure to set as the default device via Control Panel. You can search for it on the Start menu.
- Go to Hardware and Sound > Click on Sound > Right-click on the connected microphone.
- Set it as the default device > Next, right-click on the microphone.
- Go to Properties > Click on Advanced > Allow applications that you want to have microphone access, such as COD: Warzone 2.0.
- Open the main menu on your PS4/PS5 console.
- Go to the cogwheel icon in the top right corner.
- Choose Sound > Select Microphone.
- Select ‘Controller Microphone’ for ‘Input Device’.
- Try changing the controller microphone status to ‘unmute’ via the dropdown menu.
- Next, select the connected gaming headset for ‘Input Device’.
- Play the COD Warzone 2 game and check for the voice chat not working issue.
- Make sure to enable the headset mic by pressing the Xbox button on the controller.
- Go to Audio & Music > Select Headset mic > Turn it ON.
- Now, adjust the microphone settings by launching COD: Warzone 2.
- Go to Audio Settings > Choose Microphone Device.
- If it’s set to default, try changing it to the connected microphone/headset manually.
- Then Enable the headset & speakers option from Xbox Settings.
- Select General > Choose Volume & audio output.
- Go to Additional options > Select Party chat output > Choose Headset & speakers.
- Once done, make sure to play the game to check for the voice chat issue.
5. Run the Game in Safe Mode
You should run the COD: Warzone 2 game to run in safe mode after getting crashed. The game eventually starts with preset settings without any changes in controls.
6. Disable Antivirus Protection
The chances are high that active and aggressive antivirus protection may trouble you a lot when it comes to the game launching and connecting to the game servers. It’s always better to temporarily turn off the antivirus protection on the PC manually and then check for the in-game issue. To do this:
- Press the Win+I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
- Once done, you should try launching the game.
7. Contact Activision Support
If none of the methods worked for you, then contact Activision Support for further assistance on Modern Warfare II issues. Make sure to submit the ticket so that developers can work on it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.