Today gaming is not only limited to mere gameplay between few enthusiasts. It has brought career and business for a multitude of gamers. Yes, I am talking about those successful professional gamers who stream their gameplay every day to the whole world. Streaming has now become very popular and money-oriented. Let me guess, you like to watch Twitch for catching your favorite gamers in action. Well, not only PC, gamers from Xbox and PlayStation can also stream. However, for the Nintendo Switch users, things are a bit different.
In this guide, I will tell you how to Livestream on Twitch from the Nintendo Switch. There is no Twitch app for Switch. So, the most effective way to stream is to use streaming software and a game capture card. I have put up the whole steps that you need to follow to accomplish this. Let’s begin.
How To Watch Twitch On Nintendo Switch
First, let me list out the things you need to have with you to carry out the steps I have explained ahead.
- A PC/Laptop with a robust processing unit so that it can handle intensive games.
- Download the streaming software from the link in the Downloads section
- Get A webcam so that you can stream yourself. I mean your viewers can see your face in the stream in a miniature frame.
- A game capture card. You can get the one from Elgato that is quite easy on the pocket and supports up to 1080 pixel resolution. Also, it can capture up to 60 frames per second.
- Use a headphone with microphone support so that your audio input/output is seamless during gaming.
- You have to connect your Nintendo Switch console to your computer. This will enable you to view the gameplay.
Connect PC and Nintendo Switch
- Unplug the HDMI connector jack from the TV(the one connecting to Switch) and connect it to your game capture card.
- Now, the game capture must have a USB cable which you have to run through the computer/laptop.
- Connect the HDMI Out port of your Game Capture card to the PC. The other end should be connected to the TV.
Watch Twitch Stream
- Install OBS studio streaming software
- Login to Twitch
- Go to Dashboard > Account > Profile Settings
- Next head on to Channel & Videos
- Under the Primary Stream key, copy your stream key.
- Paste that key by going to File > Settings > Stream in OBS Studio and select Twitch
- This will now allow OBS to broadcast your game to Twitch
- Right click on OBS Studio > click Add > click Video Capture Device
- Name the layer
- Select your game capture card and click OK.
- You can repeat the above three steps and add up your webcam as well. After Add select the webcam. The stream will feature your face.
- Once the streaming starts to show on the OBS Studio, you can resize the screen as per your need,
- Once everything is set, click on the Start Streaming button on OBS Studio. Done.
So, that’s how you can watch Twitch Livestream of your Nintendo switch gameplay. Try it out. Though it may be a bit costly for a few to buy the game capture card, still the avid gamers should go for it. Share your experience in the comments section.