In the age of OTT platforms dominating the entertainment industry, there is fierce competition in the ranks just below the top players that include Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and more. Paramount Plus is one such up-and-coming streaming platform that aims to bring the goodness and nostalgia of cable TV free of cost to millions of online users. Thanks to the collaboration with the CBS All Access Network, most of the top live channels can be found on Paramount Plus, complimented by a good selection of movies and TV shows as well.
Just like any other streaming platform, Paramount Plus is available for a wide host of devices including the web, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Google TV, Fire TV, and even the consoles like Xbox and PlayStation. If you are a regular user of Paramount Plus but have been running into issues that have been disrupting your streaming experience, this is just the right place for you! Read on to discover some of the most prominent Paramount Plus error codes and how you can fix them.
How to Fix Paramount Plus Error Codes
Error codes make it easier for you to pinpoint exactly what’s wrong with the service or your device and Paramount Plus has a decent list of error codes that you should be displayed with in the event of an undesirable streaming experience. Below are the most common Paramount Plus error codes followed by their causes and appropriate fixes:
- Codes 4201 & 1200
- Disable any ad blocker plugin that you have installed in your web browser or on your phone.
- Ensure that your firewall isn’t blocking access to the Paramount Plus network.
- Make sure that the antivirus software on your PC or laptop isn’t identifying the Paramount Plus app or website as a threat.
- Codes 1106, 6999, 3002, 3005, 6290 & 6310
- Try to force close the Paramount Plus app, or reboot your device and launch the app again.
- Code 7: Update your Chrome browser on your laptop or PC to the latest version and relaunch it.
- Code 14: Make sure your Windows version is up-to-date and restart your computer.
- Code 111: Caused due to a sudden power failure while using the app. Reboot your computer properly and try launching the app again.
- Code 404: Refresh the webpage or try relaunching the browser.
- Code 3004: Restart your WiFi router and launch the Paramount Plus app again.
- Code 3200: Caused due to a playback error on smart TVs, consoles, or other Comcast devices. Hard restart your device by unplugging it for 30 seconds and turning it back on.
- Code 3205: Try restarting both your computer and WiFi router.
- Code 3301: Restart your browser and your computer.
- Code 6320: Force close the Paramount Plus app on your Fire TV or Android TV device, clear app data, and cache.
Common Fixes to Solve Paramount Plus Not Working
If the Paramount Plus app doesn’t display an error code, there could still be a plethora of reasons as to why you might be facing issues while trying to stream content. The issue might be either be related to the app, or the device you’re trying to stream on itself. Down below are some of the most common fixes that ought to fix the most popular Paramount Plus error codes for you. Follow the tips in a chronological manner until one of them finally solves the issue for you.
1. Check your Account Details
It is entirely possible that the reason why you haven’t been able to stream anything using the Paramount Plus app on your device is that your account might have issues. Maybe your subscription itself has expired, or your payment method has been blocked. We recommend you log into your Paramount Plus account and begin investigating there.
2. Check for any Software Updates
Open the Settings app on your device and check for any software updates. Most apps on phones and smart TVs usually require the latest version of the operating system to be installed. If you have any software updates available, then we recommend you upgrade your devic with a reliable internet connection.
3. Update the Paramount Plus app
Open the app store on your device and check if the Paramount Plus app has any updates available. The bugs might have been caused due to a bad update previously and in such a case, there is a hotfix available almost immediately.
4. Hard Reset your device
If you usually have your console or Android TV box always connected and turned on then maybe rebooting it might fix any bugs with the apps installed on your device. To hard reset, any device, turn it off, unplug it for 30 seconds, plug it back in, and turn it on again.
5. Troubleshoot your WiFi Connection
Ensure that your device is properly connected to your WiFi. If not, re-add the network under the Settings app. Alternatively, if you have an ethernet connection available on your device, ensure that it is connected properly. Lastly, you can try rebooting your WiFi router itself to see if that fixes any connection issues.
6. Factory Reset your device
If nothing else fixes the annoying Paramount Plus not working issue for you, we suggest you try to factory reset your device itself. This can be done within the Settings app but beware, this will cause you to lose any data stored on your device, including any downloaded apps, games, and files.
We hope our guide on how to fix Paramount Plus error codes was helpful to you. If you have any tips other than what we’ve mentioned, do let the other readers know in the comments below! If you have any queries regarding the guide, feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to help!