In this article, we’ll show you that What is Carrier Settings Update on an iPhone, why is it beneficial and how to update it in very simple steps.
Depending on what’s being released with the update, the benefits could include more functionality, better data speeds or improved call quality.
What is Carrier Settings Update on an iPhone?
Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance. Carrier settings updates can also add support for features like VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling. For more information on carrier settings updates, contact your carrier.
When a carrier setting update is available, you’ll be prompted to install it. If your carrier releases a mandatory update, you’ll see an OK button instead of an Update button to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.
Is it beneficial to Update Carrier Settings?
Waiting to install an update, or just ignoring the alerts, probably won’t cause any major problems.
But depending on what’s being released with the update, the benefits could include more functionality, better data speeds or improved call quality. So you might be missing out on some features and supposedly improved user experience.
But at the same time it’s also really important to do these carrier updates because unlike updating to the latest iOS, carrier updates solve actual problems. For example, AT&T had some voicemail issues that were resolved by a carrier update. There also was a really big problem with the iPhone connecting to cell towers that were resolved through carrier updates.
Steps to Update Carrier Settings on an iPhone?
- First of all, connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or turn on cellular data.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General settings.
- Then tap on About.
- Tap on Update from the pop-up.
Do you own an iPhone, iPad or a Mac and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4: How to Fix If Cellular Data Not Working After Update
- How to Stop Chrome article suggestions on iPhone, iPad, and Android
- How to Shoot Time-Lapse Videos on your iPhone or iPad
- How to Set a Video as Your Wallpaper On iPhone
- How to Change the iPhone Backup Location on Mac
- How to Change Color of Captions on YouTube on PC, Android, and iPhone
- Fix iPhone/iPad issue: App Suddenly Force Closes, Stops Responding, or Won’t Open