It’s quite common for everyone to get a better and clear audio listening experience on their desktop/laptop just like the Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby Atmos. Well, the inbuilt audio quality and codecs are well optimized on the Windows system to offer you a really good listening experience but if you’re interested in more or the best audio mods then you should check out How to Install Dolby Home Theater v4 on Windows 10, 7, and 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit).
By using the audio enhancement tool, you can easily get the Dolby sound effect on any of your Windows desktops or laptops for the sound system and speakers. At the time of writing this article, the Dolby Home Theater v4 is the best in the class sound mod tool for Windows PC that can be easily installed and used by anyone. The best part is that this sound mod will also install the Realtek Audio Driver on your PC.
- What is Dolby Home Theater?
- Features of Dolby Home Theater v4
- How to Install Dolby Home Theater v4 on Windows 10, 7, and 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
What is Dolby Home Theater?
In standard or normal sound cards which come by default on the desktop and laptop for Windows OS doesn’t have good quality and highly optimized sound listening experience. Some of the audio cards come with audio equalizers but it lacks the Dolby feature for an immersive sound. Dolby sound effects will enhance the audio quality and listening experience a lot for gaming, movies, music, etc.
Especially, this audio mod comes with the SRS technology that really works like a charm on any of your Windows OS versions such as Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11. However, it’s worth mentioning that you’ll need to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement feature on your computer first to install the Dolby sound mod.
Features of Dolby Home Theater v4
The latest v4 comes with a couple of useful and highlighted features that we’ve mentioned below.
1. Authentic Dolby Surround Sound
The Dolby Home Theater v4 easily converts the audio and other two-channel (stereo) entertainment into a 5.1 channel surround sound experience.
2. Simplified Home Theater Connections
The Dolby Digital Out feature in Dolby Home Theater v4 can easily connect to the computer directly or via a home theater.
3. Consistent Volume Levels
The volume levelers in Dolby Home Theater v4 locks your selected/preferred volume level for a more consistent audio listening experience.
4. Increased Dialogue Clarity
Obviously, it’ll increase the dialogue clarity in the desktop sound system and laptop speaker for better sound.
5. Distortion-Free Performance
It doesn’t distort the audio quality as well as lows, mids, or highs which you may experience in the default audio card sound.
6. Total Audio Control
You can set your profile according to your preference that offers Surround Virtualizer, Volume Leveler, and Graphic Equalizer options. You can also set audio modes as per your requirement like Movie, Music, Game, Voice, Custom 1, and Custom 2.
How to Install Dolby Home Theater v4 on Windows 10, 7, and 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- First of all, you’ll need to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement feature on your Windows computer. To do this:
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Access Menu > Click on Windows Terminal (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin).
- If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to allow the admin access.
- Now, copy and paste the following command line on the command prompt window and then hit Enter to execute the driver signature enforcement.
bcdedit /set testsigning on
- Once you receive the ‘The operation completed successfully.’ message on the command prompt window that means you’re ready to go.
- Make sure to download the Dolby Home Theater v4 file on your PC from the link above and extract the compressed file into a folder.
- Now, press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Access Menu > Select Device Manager.
- Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers > Right-click on the dedicated sound driver that you’re using on the PC. [In most cases, it should be HD Audio Device or Realtek(R) Audio]
- Now, select Update driver software > Click on Browse my computer for driver software from the new pop-up window.
- Then select ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’ from the next screen.
- Next, click on ‘Have disk’ > Select ‘Browse’ > Go to the extracted folder of the Dolby Home Theater v4 file that you’ve downloaded recently.
- Go to 32-bit or 64-bit according to the system type of your PC > Click on Drivers.
- Click on Open > Then select OK > Select the Model from the list that you want to install on your computer.
- Click on Next > You’ll receive a warning message ‘Update driver warning’.
- Just click on Yes (Install this driver software anyway) to proceed.
- Wait for it to successfully install on your PC > Click on Close.
- Now, head over to the Device Manager option again > Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers > Here you should see that the ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’ is changed to ‘Dolby’.
- Head over to the Dolby Home Theater v4 extracted folder again and run the .msi file by double-clicking on it inside the 32/64-bit folder.
- Click on Next > Select the ‘Create a shortcut for this program on the Start Menu’ checkbox.
- Then click on Next > Select Install > Again wait for the installation process to get completed.
- Once done, right-click on the speaker icon from the taskbar > Select Playback devices.
- Select the Speakers option and head over to Speaker Properties from the Sound page.
- Click on Dolby > Select Power > Click on OK to save changes.
- Once the Dolby is installed and activated on your system, just click on the Start Menu > Type Dolby and select Dolby Digital Plus to open Dolby settings.
That’s it, guys. We assume you’ve found this guide really helpful. For further queries, you can comment below.