JOdin3 for Mac OS X is now available for download. JOdin can be used to flash Samsung Stock Firmware, root and install any custom ROMs on Samsung Galaxy devices. However, there are a few other methods to install Samsung stock firmware on Galaxy devices, most of the users prefer the Odin tool. If you want to go back to the Samsung Stock ROM or flash recovery files on your Samsung Galaxy device, you need the Odin tool. Meanwhile, the Odin was available for the Windows platform only. But now, you can install Samsung firmware using MAC OS via JOdin3. One of the XDA Developers member Adam Outler has ported the Odin from Windows to MAC OS which called JOdin3. JOdin3 is a Java-based tool for flashing to Samsung devices. Here in this article, we’ll share with you How to Install Samsung firmware using MAC, JOdin3 for Mac.
Odin is the tool for Samsung Galaxy devices as it comes as a freeware software and quite stable too. It’s become one of the most popular flashing tools for Samsung device users. You can also root/unroot, unlock the bootloader, install mods, flash Custom ROMs, and OTAs as well.
However, JOdin 3 isn’t officially recommended by Samsung, but it provides a better and stable way to flash Galaxy devices easily.
- Can flash Samsung Stock Firmware
- Able to flash a Custom Kernel
- Can Flash Custom Recovery files like TWRP Recovery
- Install Root file
- Supports .tar or .tar.md5 files
- First, You need to download and install Java RunTime on your MAC OS X.
- Next, you have to install Heimdall for macOS from here.
- Uninstall Samsung KIES/Smart Sync from your MacBook.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Driver pack for your device from here on your MacBook.
Download JOdin3 for MAC OS
Steps to use Odin (JOdin3) on MAC OS
- Install and run Java at first on your Mac.
- Then install JOdin3 and get the .tar files that you want to flash. Let’s begin.
- Connect your Samsung device to your MacBook and enable USB debugging from Developer Options.
- After the device gets successfully connected, open JOdin3 tool.
- Now, JOdin3 will appear with a green background indicating that it’s connected under the under ID:COM.
- Next, click on the PDA option and navigate to your file (.tar.md5) which you want to flash.
- Now, Boot your Samsung Galaxy smartphone into Download Mode. [Press and hold Power + Volume Down + Home/Bixby button all together]
- Check only Auto-Reboot option in JOdin3 tool.
- Now, Click on the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- Then JOdin3 tool will ask you for a PIT file automatically. Click on Yes.
- Then the next message will come, Click on the OK button.
- Finally, Click on the Start button again to start performing the Job.
- Wait for the complete process and you will see a PASS message. If it failed to flash, you will see the FAILED message. (You can try again all the steps properly if failed)
- Now, reboot your device and wait for a few minutes to boot up completely. [It may take 10-15 minutes to boot for the first time, please be patient]
If you’ve faced any issues or errors while installing Odin for MAC via JOdin3 tool, you can comment down below.