The Chinese tech brand and one of the leading smartphone brands Xiaomi held an event where the company has announced MIUI 11 officially in China on September 24, 2019. Xiaomi has also launched the Mi 9 Pro 5G and showed off Mi TV Pro, Mi MIX Alpha as well. The MIUI 11 is basically based on the latest Android 10 OS version and its core features. However, as MIUI is the custom skin developed by Xiaomi, it will be rolled out to Android 9 Pie running Xiaomi devices as well. It’s the most updated and fully-featured MIUI version by Xiaomi yet. Xiaomi mentioned that the MIUI 11 beta roll-out process will start from September 27 for the first batch devices. Though, the MIUI 11 China Beta ROM is now available for the first-batch devices on both Android Pie and Android 10. You can now Download MIUI 11 Beta 9.9.24 for all Xiaomi Redmi and Mi Supported devices from below.
Here in this article, we have also shared the MIUI 11 features, update changelog, download links, pre-requirements, and the complete installation process as well. As this is the China beta ROM, it doesn’t have Google Play Services or GApps package installed by default. If you’re going to install the China Beta ROM then you have to manually sideload the GApps package as well.
Top MIUI 11 Features
The all-new MIUI 11 comes with plenty of Android 10 core features and some of its own customized features like dynamic font scaling, dynamic nature sounds, dark mode, Always-On-Display (AOD), and more. It also brings new system UI with material design, improved lock screen, status bar, new Milan Pro font, multi-language support. Meanwhile, Xiaomi has also introduced the ‘Mi-Go’ which is a smart travel assistant app and the ‘Mi Work’ offers cross-platform file sharing, smart screencast, wireless printing, and large document transfer, etc.
Just like the Digital Wellbeing feature, the MIUI 11 screen time management keep track and counts the screen unlock time, device usage time in a day, etc. The newly improved File Manager app also provides the new doc viewer. While the MIUI 11 also offers reminder option, early earthquake warning, SOS alert system, and more.
Now, let’s head over to the MIUI 11 features and update changelog below.
MIUI 11 Changelog:
The full changelog for MIUI 11 and its improvements are mentioned below:
- Attention – Empowering the productive
- Comprehensive design optimized for fullscreen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content.
- Beauty starts with the text. Our fonts matured
- Now, text looks gorgeous in all languages.
- Font-weight can be adjusted automatically depending on the text.
- Ambient display
- The ambient display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes.
- Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature.
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects.
- Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones.
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds.
- Mi Share works both on phones and computers.
- Preview your documents before you open them.
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer.
- Screen Casting
- MIUI allows you to cast videos, games, documents, and apps to more than 300 TV models directly from your phone.
- MIUI’s casting functionality allows you to hide personal items to keep all sensitive things private.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Plan your trips with MIUI: add your flight or train tickets, learn about the weather at your destination, get local mobile data, view the currency exchange rates, or contact your consulate abroad.
- Ultra battery saver
- Use this feature to challenge your device to a whole day on just 5% of the battery.
- More features
- Tasks: Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Kid space: Create a safe digital environment for your kids.
- Family guard: Control connected devices to help your friends and family.
- Screen time: View stats and manage your time more efficiently.
- Emergency SOS: Rapidly press the Power button 5 times to send an SOS message to your emergency contacts.
- Earthquake warnings: Stay safe and informed in case of an earthquake.
- Quick replies: Reply to messages from any app.
- Themes: Lots of free resources to make your device truly unique.
- Mi Community: Get the latest news from Xiaomi, test new features, and participate in our events.
- Autofill passwords: Store passwords on your device and use them whenever you need them.
- Calendar: All your events in one place.
- Mi AI 3.0: All-new. Much more powerful.
- Security: Safeguard and optimize your device.
- Game Turbo: Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
MIUI 11 Beta Chinese version: Download Links
We have provided all the MIUI 11 beta (China) firmware download links below for the released Xiaomi devices officially. Whereas, the rest of the eligible devices will also soon get the update announcement.
|Device Name||Android OS||Download Link|
|Xiaomi Mi 9||Android 10||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX 3||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro||Android 10||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (Special Edition)||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 7||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 5||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 8||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX 2||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (Special Edition)||Android 10||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 3||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 3||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 5X||Android 8.1||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus||Android 8.1||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X||Android 7||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX||Android 8||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi 6A||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi 6||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s||Android 8||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 2||Android 8||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX 2||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 8 UD (Under Display)||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 2||Android 7.1||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi 5A||Android 8.1||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi 5||Android 8.1||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi 4/4X||Android 7.1||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A||Android 7.1||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Lite||Android 7.1||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 8 EE (Explorer Edition)||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Mi 6X||Android 9||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi K20||Android 10||Download|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 8||Android 9||Download|
How to Install MIUI 11 Beta on Xiaomi Device
In order to flash the MIUI 11 Chinese Beta V9.9.24 or V9.9.25 ROM on your Xiaomi device, you can either update the package from system updater app directly or flash the ROM via TWRP Recovery as well. If you’re already running the Chinese beta ROM on your Xiaomi device, then download the zip file and update via the device. Otherwise, if you want to follow the manual installation process, make sure to follow the requirements at first.
- Supported for: MIUI 11 beta eligible Xiaomi devices only.
- Charge your phone up to 60% at least to skip the occasional shutdown during the installation process.
- Backup your device data (No Root) at first before doing anything.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well in order to connect your device to the PC. (For 2nd method)
- Install Mi Flash Tool for flashing via Fastboot mode – Click here to download.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC and install it properly. (For 2nd method)
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers – Download and Install it on your computer [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]. (For 2nd method)
- Download the latest GApps file:
Instructions to Install:
We have provided two MIUI installation method below. If you’re using MIUI 10 China Beta ROM already on your Xiaomi device, then follow the first method. But if you’re using MIUI 10 Stable ROM or any other Custom ROM, then follow the second method properly. Make sure to download and flash the GApps package as well (required).
Method 01: Update Via System Updater Tool
- Go to the device Settings > About phone > System updates.
- You can also access the system update from the device home screen > Tools > Updater.
- Next, tap on the three-dot icon menu from the top right corner.
- Tap on Choose update package.
- Browse and select the firmware update zip file from the device storage location.
- Now, the system will automatically verify the update package and install it. Then follow the on-screen instructions (if any). Make sure to backup important data at first.
- Your device will reboot automatically. Enjoy!
Method 02: Flash Manually Via Recovery/FastbootHow to Flash Xiaomi Stock ROM using Fastboot and Recovery Method
How to Sideload Google Apps (GApps) Via TWRP Recovery
In China, Android phones don’t come with Google Apps pre-installed due to some issues with the licensing. Therefore, you need to install the required Google Apps and Services by yourself in order to use the device outside of China. Check out the brief guide on how to Install Google Apps on your Xiaomi or any other Android device.
Immediate after flashing the ROM via TWRP recovery, follow the mentioned steps to flash GApps package as well.
- Go to the TWRP home screen > select Install button.
- Search and choose the GApps.zip file from your device where you have downloaded earlier.
- Now, choose ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process. Be patient as this might take a few seconds.
- Once the Google Apps package is successfully flashed, select ‘Reboot System’.
- Wait for the device to boot into a new system with all required Google Apps and services.
- Log in to your Google account and you’re ready to use your Android device.
Hope this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.
Xiaomi has mentioned that the MIUI 11 roll-out process will be the fastest one by Xiaomi yet. The Beta updates will be rolled out via batches to the beta users over OTA and it may take some time as well. Additionally, you can check for the OTA updates from your device if you have any hurry.
Therefore, it seems that this time Xiaomi is focusing on the faster software updates as well. If you’re using the China Developer ROM then you may install the Android 10-based MIUI 11 beta on your Xiaomi device right now. However, we will recommend you to wait for a few weeks or months in order to receive the official MIUI 11 Stable update. As the Beta builds contain so many bugs and system performance issues, waiting for the stable release will worth for sure.