We all know that Google’s Android OS is very customizable and easy to use based on the Linux platform. If you’re a developer or an advanced user, you can tweak your Android phone according to your preference. By rooting your Android device, you can simply tweak the system apps and system settings without any vast knowledge. Such as changing themes, uninstalling bloatware, improve battery life, access rooted apps, visualizations, etc. If you’re an avid Android user or a developer and using the Infinix Hot 8 device, you may know well that rooting your handset will enable more customizations for your device. In this guide, we will provide you Easy Method To Root Infinix Hot 8 Using Magisk [No TWRP needed].
The Infinix Hot 8 (X650C) runs on Android 9.0 Pie over XOS 5.0 out-of-the-box. It’s powered by MediaTek chipset. Rooting is the process of allowing admin access to the users of smartphones, tablets, or other devices running on the Android OS. This gives the superuser access or administrator control to a user over the system or subsystem. Therefore, the superuser can easily customize or edit or delete system settings and system apps as well.
The Stock smartphone OEMs doesn’t provide root access with the Stock ROM by default. But you can enable root access easily on your Android phone if you’re an advanced user or a developer. But if in case, your device gets bricked or you’re facing any software bug, you can root your device via Magisk. The Magisk root process doesn’t require a Custom Recovery in order to flash anything.
- You won’t be able to get official OTA updates automatically after installing Root.
- Additionally, your device may get bricked easily due to improper rooting steps.
- Your device warranty may void as well after rooting. Before doing anything, check with your device manufacturer for the warranty.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before doing anything.
Steps to Root Infinix Hot 8 using Magisk
Now, let’s take a look at the rooting steps along with requirements and download links. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below before doing something wrong.
- Charge your device battery up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a full backup without Root of your device data before doing anything. If in case, anything goes wrong, you can get back your data.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with a PC.
- Download and install all the required files, tools, and drivers from below.
- You have to download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC.
- Download and Install the Infinix USB Drivers on your PC.
- Stock ROM: Infinix Hot 8 Stock Firmware – download it.
- Now, download & install the SP Flash tool on your PC. (Required for a MediaTek device)
Steps to Extract and Patch Boot.image via Magisk
- Let’s assume that you’ve already downloaded the Stock ROM. Now, just extract it on your PC.
- Connect your Infinix Hot 8 device via a USB cable to the PC and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager on your device. Select Install option to choose the file.
- Now, tap on ‘Patch Boot Image File’.
- Head over to the folder where you have moved the image file earlier.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds and Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- After the boot image is patched, copy the ‘patched_boot.img’ from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Finally, you need to follow the second method to flash the patched boot image file on your Infinix Hot 8 smartphone.
Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image on any Infinix Hot 8
Check out the full guide mentioned below in a link for proper steps.Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Handset
- Let’s assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Next, you need to extract the ADB Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key and right-click on the mouse to open the Command Window.
- Then type the following command in the command prompt and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
- You need to replace filename.img with the name of the TWRP Recovery image file which you have downloaded earlier.
- The flashing process will begin. Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Now, type the following command and press enter:
Steps to Verify Device Systemless Root:
- Download the Magisk Manager app APK file and install it on your device.
- Open the app and check the Status mode. If you see all options are green checked, that means you have successfully rooted. It also means that you’ve bypassed the SafetyNet as well.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully rooted your Infinix Hot 8 device via Magisk. If you’re facing any issues or have any queries, let us know in the comments below.