Grand Theft Auto V is a 2013 action-adventure video game that has been developed and published by Rockstar Games. It’s the seventh main title in the Grand Theft Auto series that has GTA Online game as well. It seems that plenty of players are getting affected by the GTA 5 Stuck on the Loading Screen issue irrespective of whatever platform they’re using. Now, if you’re also one of the victims then you can follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
It’s available for PS3/PS4/PS5, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Xbox Series X|S platforms. Due to several possible reasons, the chances are high that somehow the GTA V game gets stuck on the loading screen while startup which is a big mess. However, there is no confirmation whether this problem is related to the game bugs or there is an issue with the game files, or even the gaming device-related issues. Well, you don’t need to worry about it.
Fix: GTA 5 Online Crashing on Loading Screen
How to Participate in a Sea Race in GTA V Online
GTA 5 Coming to Android: Here’s how to play without download
How to deposit money in GTA Online
Solved | GTA 5 Online Not Working
Fix: GTA 5 Screen Tearing on PS4, PS5, or Xbox One, Series X/S
GTA 5 Mods Crashing My Game, How to Fix?
Fix: GTA V Unable To Launch Game Error Message On PC
Best Ways to Fix GTA 5 Online Long Load Times
Fix: GTA 5 Steam Deck Crashing or Not Launching
Fix: GTA 5 Stuck on Loading Screen
If we recall, the Grand Theft Auto series is by far one of the popular and fastest-selling video games in the market for action-adventure or entertainment purposes. Now, several reports are coming out that the GTA V game got stuck on the loading screen during the startup which is a common issue these days. For some unexpected reasons, if the game doesn’t load completely or took enough time to get into it, then you can go through this full guide.
1. Exit the Game and Retry
Try exiting the GTA V game on the PC and then make sure to relaunch it. We’ll recommend you retry the game so that you can ensure whether the game is running fine or not.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
It’s always required to update graphics drivers on your Windows system to run all the programs smoothly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
Fix: GTA V Error Failed zlib call (ERR_GEN_ZLIB_2)
All GTA Series Games in Order of Release Date
Fix: GTA 5 Error xinput1_3.dll is Missing
All GTA 5 Error Codes and Their Fixes
Fix: GTA 5 Error the Procedure Entry Point Not Found (SteamApps)
How to install GTA V mods on Steam Deck
Fix: Script Hook V Critical Error in GTA 5
GTA 5 Online Monglitch: Is it Safe to Use Money Glitch and Worth it?
3. Update GTA V
If in case, you haven’t updated your GTA 5 game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on GTA 5 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
4. Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is always essential for PC users as well as PC gamers to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes. Meanwhile, the latest version mostly includes additional features, improvements, security patches, and more. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
5. Close Background Tasks
Unnecessary background running tasks or programs can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory usage that literally reduces system performance. Hence, the startup crashing, lagging, not loading issues appear quite often. Simply, close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely. To do this:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
6. Perform a Clean Boot
Some of the apps and their services may start automatically while booting the system right away. In that case, those apps or services will definitely gonna use a lot of internet connection as well as system resources. If you’re also feeling the same, make sure to perform a clean boot on your computer to check for the issue. To do that:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- The Task Manager interface will open. Here go to the Startup tab.
- Then click on the particular task which has a higher startup impact.
- Once selected, click on Disable to turn them off from the startup process.
- Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
7. Power Cycle your Router
If in case, you’re one of the victims to encounter the stuck on the loading screen with GTA V game on the PC then you can follow this method to fix it. To do so: you’ll need to power off the Wi-Fi router then unplug the power cable from the router > wait for around 30 seconds and then plug back the power cable in. Finally, turn on the router and check for the issue.
8. Load GTA 5 into the Story Mode
You can also try loading the GTA V game into the story mode by following the steps below. To do this:
- Open the GTA 5 game menu in online mode or story mode by pressing the ESC key on the keyboard.
- Now, switch to the Settings tab > Head over to the left menu and select the item Save and start.
- If prompted, you should disable or turn off the Start page option.
- Next, select the setting to Load into story mode.
Alternatively, you can try manually selecting the Story mode on the start page to allow the GTA V game to load in the story mode. Just press the ESC key to open the menu > Click on Online > Click on Start GTA Online. Once done, you can select your desired session mode.
9. Verify and Repair Game Files
If there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then you can perform this method to easily check for the issue. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on GTA 5 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.