Risk of Rain 2 is one of the roguelike third-person shooter video games. It has been developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing in 2019. It’s a sequel to Risk of Rain (2013) and currently, the game has been released officially in August 2020. It’s available for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One platforms. Meanwhile, huge number of players are experiencing the Risk of Rain 2 Unity crashing error while launching the game on their Windows. If you’re also one of them, let’s check out the article.
According to the affected RoR2 players, even after launching the game and Steam as an administrator, turning off GPU overclock, reinstalling the game, setting high priority, or disabling shadowplay didn’t work at all for most of the victims. As the game is literally force closing from the launcher, we will try to put up some of the possible workarounds below that should gonna work for most of the players.
However, as the game became official very recently, we will have to wait until developers come up with a permanent solution. Now, let’s jump into the steps below.
Fix Risk of Rain 2 Unity Crashing Error
- First of all, ensure that the graphics driver is updated to its latest version. Head over to the Device Manager > Click on Display adapters (arrow icon) > Right-click on the dedicated graphics card > Select Update driver > Seach automatically for updated driver software and follow on-screen prompts > It will be installed automatically > Restart your PC.
- Additionally, try checking for the Risk of Rain 2 game update from Steam.
- Verify game files from Steam. Launch Steam > Go to Library > Right-click on the Risk of Rain 2 > Select Properties > Click on Local Files > Click on Verify Integrity of games and wait for it.
- Always run the game executable file as an administrator mode.
- Disable Antivirus program or Windows Firewall program.
- Run the RoR2 game in compatibility mode. Right-click on the Risk of Rain 2 game icon > Select Properties > Click on Compatibility tab > Click on the checkbox to enable ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for > Select Windows 7 from the list and click on Apply > Select OK > Restart the game.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, let us know in the comments below.