Although Vizio TVs are well optimized for the enhanced image quality and they’re well priced too, some Vizio TV users are experiencing the Black Screen of Death issue quite often. It seems that users are having the black screen of death issue due to the hardware-related causes in most scenarios. While it may also happen that there are some issues with the software or power sourcing to the Vizio TV.
Sometimes your Vizio TV may get a black screen if it can’t access a streaming service or internet app. Vizio TVs don’t have that premium feel unlike other popular brands right now in the market but they do offer great value for money products. However, some users are complaining about their laggy operating system and plenty of bugs too that may cause several issues with the user experience whatsoever.
How to Fix Vizio TV Black Screen of Death
A TV may have one or more power supply boards and some other internal components out of the box so the chances are high that there is a failure in one of the power supply boards, unfortunately. You should try following all the mentioned workarounds below that can help you to fix such an issue.
1. Do a Sound Test
Before heading over to any conclusion, it’s always recommended to perform a couple of manual tests on the TV by yourself to ensure that your TV isn’t dead completely. Make sure that the volume level on your TV is turned up high.
- First, switch on your Vizio TV > Listen for the boot-up sound.
- If in case, you hear nothing then try booting it up once again to cross-check it. Otherwise, you can try performing something else that may trigger noise as per your knowledge.
2. Do a Flashlight Test
If in case, you’re getting sound from the Vizio TV but there is no image at all that means either the display panel is gone or any of the screen components are damaged internally. So, you should now use the flashlight test by following the steps below to get into the actual issue.
- Make sure to find out a bright flashlight and turn it on.
- Then try positioning yourself about two inches from your TV screen and shine the light on the TV screen.
- This is how you can be able to see an image on the screen using a flashlight. [If it happens, that means the inverter board in the TV has gone]
In that scenario, just skip other methods, and directly contact Vizio or rush to your nearest TV repairing professional for further assistance.
3. Check Power and Connectivity
It may also be possible that there is an issue with the power and connectivity with your Vizio TV. Ensure that there are no loose connections with the power cable or power outlet whatsoever. You can also perform a hard reset of the Vizio TV by following the steps below:
- Turn off the Vizio TV and unplug the power cord.
- Then press and hold the Power button of the TV for around 30 seconds.
- Release the power button and plug the television back in.
- If you’re trying to test the picture from a device like a cable box, swap it out for a different device. If this fails, try to access the setting menu on the television.
4. Replace the Power Board
Well, you should also try replacing the power board depending on the model number can be difficult enough for some users. But it’s also recommended to do so if other possibilities don’t work for you. Make sure to follow the steps below.
- You’ll require a soft cloth or towel to protect the TV screen.
- Next, you’ll require a screwdriver depending on the size/type of the screws on the Vizio TV.
- Then get a container to place all the removed screws in so that they won’t get missing.
- Turn upside down the TV on a flat surface and have some cushion under it for additional protection.
- Now, make sure to remove all the backside screws with the screwdriver.
- Find all of the fuses on the Vizio TV and try replacing the blown-out fuses.
- Make sure to find out any damaged or naked power wires and remove them.
- Then just remove the screws that hold the power board and remove the old board.
- Place a new board into the position just like before and reconnect all of the wires and cables.
- Now, properly tighten the screws again, and place the rear cover of the television back again and tighten the screws.
- Finally, plug in the TV to the power source, and check if that fixes the issue or not.
5. Contact Vizio Technical Support
If in case, none of the above methods didn’t work for you, and somehow the inverter board or any other critical component has some issues then you’ll need to repair or replace it as early as possible. Therefore, you should contact Vizio Technical Support for further assistance, and if your Vizio TV is still under warranty then it’ll be easier for you to ask for a replacement.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.