The ‘Epic games’ had released Fortnite’s online video game in 2017. It is available in three versions as one is ‘General,’ second is ‘Cooperative,’ and ‘Battle Royale.’ It is free to play a battle game in which 100 players fight to be standing alone as the last person. Some versions are available for Windows and Mac, while others are available on Xbox and PS4 also. The Fortnite Battle Royale is the most popular among these versions. Fortnite Battle Royale had never been massive on graphics.
As the popularity of any game increases, the number of gamers on the set also increases. That may cause various errors and issues to occur due to heavy traffic. The game needs to go beyond the limits to fulfill everyone’s needs. Many users are now finding some loading issues with the textures of the game. They claimed that the textures are not loading effectively after the launch of season five. If you are also facing the same issue, then it is not about worrying anymore. Some practical solutions discussed in the below section to get rid of the texture loading issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix if Fortnite Textures Not Loading Issue?
Fortnite features less RAM consuming objects, which make this game easily playable on low-end computers. It may not encounter any issue involved in the process. But as you increase the graphics facility from low to high, you may find some errors. The errors generally occur as the display objects are not apparent and find not to be real as they appeared in low graphics mode. That is usually the texture error that is not loading in the gameplay. Some of the solutions you can use from the below mention getting rid of texture, not loading issues.
Check out the Top 11 Fortnite Alternatives for Android devices
This will be your first approach to solve any texture issue for the Fortnite game. You can lock Frame Rate by creating a custom file. You can follow these simple steps to secure the FPS for your PC:
- Press Windows key + S to open search box
- Type “% local app data %” without quotes and open the folder
- Proceed to ‘Fortnite game’ folder
- Click on ‘saved’ folder
- Find the ‘config’ folder and enter
- Now open ‘windows client.’
- Here you will find ‘Game-users-setting.’
- Right-click on this setting and go to ‘properties’ in the context menu
- Un-tick the box ‘read-only’ and hit ‘apply.’
- Now open ‘Game-users-setting’ by double click
- Search ‘frame rate limit’ in the open document
- You will find FPS defined for Fortnite
- Set it to a lower value and save the document
- Now again, right-click on ‘Game-users-setting’ and go to ‘properties’ in the context menu
- Tick the box ‘read-only’ and hit ‘apply.’
Your FPS has been locked to a new value now. You will be getting a hassle-free texture environment in your game.
You need to set your graphics settings to low if you do not want any texture error. It all depends on your computer. If your computer is not able to get the game launched in a massive graphics mode, then you will need to set the graphics to a lower limit. You can lower the graphics settings by following these steps:
- Proceed to your ‘Fortnite Settings’
- Find and click ‘Video Settings’
- Set to the resolution same as the display of your computer
- Set the quality at low or medium
- Fix the ‘View Distance’ as near or medium
- Put the ‘Shadows,’ off
- Turn off the ‘Anti-Aliasing’
- Affix low setting for ‘Textures.’
- Put the ‘Effects’ on low
- Enable ‘Show FPS’
These settings might remove the texture error from your game, and you can enjoy the gameplay on excellent graphics as per your system configuration. If you are still having the issue that Fortnite textures are not loading, then you might proceed to the next mentioned method.
Change streaming settings:
If you have boosted the FPS using the command line arguments in the Epic Games Launcher and still getting the issue involved, then you can head to this setting.
- Go to your ‘Fortnite Settings’ on the ‘Epic Games Launcher’
- Find ‘Additional Command Line Arguments’
- Delete the “NOTEXTURESTREAMING” command mentioned in arguments
- It will change streaming settings appropriately according to the need
This method is advantageous and easy to use. This method causes FPS drop, so it is desirable to disable it to avoid any texture loading issues.
Graphics card driver update:
This must also be a cause of getting the texture loading failure in Fortnite or any other game even. You need to have the latest version of your graphics card to optimize the use of gameplay on your PC. Make sure that your drivers are up to date. You can download the latest version from the official website of your manufacturer and can easily install those on your system. If you want to update the graphics drivers from settings automatically, then you need to follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + S and search for ‘device manager.’
- Look for ‘display adapters’ and extend the options with arrow
- Look for your driver name and double click name
- The click will get you to a new window where you will find the ‘update driver’ button
- Press that button and let the process complete
- The process may involve the automatic download install the driver updates
- Make sure that you have a good internet connection during the whole process
- Restart your device to get the updates implemented
You can now enjoy your game with no graphics error. You may not find any texture error if the error was occurring due to the graphics issue. Still, you getting the error, then you might proceed to the next method mentioned below.
Reinstalling Fortnite may also solve the issue as sometimes most of the files get blocked during the download. You may change the download source and get the Fortnite reinstalled. You need to follow these steps to uninstall the Fortnite from your system before downloading a new version:
- Press Windows key + S and search for ‘Programs and features.’
- Find ‘Fortnite’ in the apps menu
- Right-click on its icon and go to ‘uninstall’ option
- Let it finish the process by allowing the admin permissions
- Download and install the Forntine and enjoy hassle-free texture loading experience with the newer version.
Other quick settings and solutions:
You might go through these simple procedures to allow the maximum optimism of your gameplay.
Install Fortnite to Solid State Drive:
You can get rid of the texture loading issue by moving or installing the game to a solid-state drive. That will change the loading screen time and render effect to a minimum.
Run Fortnite as administrator:
Administration properties might provide the maximum approach to the Fortnite in your system configuration. Running the game as an administrator, you need to right-click the game icon and hit ‘Run as administrator.’ Click on ‘yes’ to grant permission and enjoy the gaming at its extreme.
The game variant of Fortnite came with many texture and graphics options. You need to choose one which is suitable for your system configurations. You might set the limit of the graphics appropriately as the system requirements. Before heading to any of the methods, make sure that you have an appropriate good network connection, and your system must connect all the time during the process as the failure of the update may cause system issues in your PC.
You need to follow each step carefully if you do not want to get stuck into any texture error. The procedures mentioned above are very reliable and tested to fix the Fortnite texture, not loading issue. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the comment box.
- With New Fortnite Update, My PC is Freezing and Lagging badly: Fix
- Bad_Module_Info Fortnite Error: Fix Bad Module Info has Stopped Working?
- How to Fix If Fortnite Voice Chat Not Working
- Where to Find Deadpool’s Letter to Epic Games in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2
- How to Fix Fortnite Error: normaliz.dll is untrusted
- How to enable cross platform Fortnite game for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch