Forza Horizon 5 is a racing video game that has been developed by Playground Games and published by Xbox Game Studios in November 2021. It has received positive reviews on Steam due to its stunning graphics and other improvements. However, there are some major issues still bothering a lot of players on the PC. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to face Forza Horizon 5 No Sound Issue or Audio Cutting Out then you can follow this guide.
When it comes to an open-world racing video game like the Forza series, it’s quite important to hear all the sounds and background music for a better gaming experience whatsoever. But it’s unfortunate that some players are unable to get the proper racing experience due to the sound-related issues on the PC which is a bit of a letdown. Whereas some players are reporting that the audio sometimes cut out or stutters that needs to be fixed completely.
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 No Sound Issue | Audio Cutting Out
There may be several possible reasons behind the sound-related issue such as an outdated audio driver, issues with the output audio device, issues with the audio port, the volume being low or muted, improper audio output settings, etc. While an outdated game, corrupted game files, physical damage with the audio device, etc may also cause no sound or audio lagging issues. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check Audio Output Device
If your sound configuration is not correctly sent or a different audio device is selected then the sound-related issue might gonna appear a lot. You should always configure the sound settings option in Control Panel and check if the correct audio device is selected or not. To do so:
- Right-click on the sound icon on your taskbar > Click on Open Sound settings.
- Now, choose your output device that’s connected under the Output section. Make sure to test out the changes with the Master volume.
- Finally, launch the Forza Horizon 5 game, and check the sound issue again.
2. Verify and Repair Game Files
If in case, your game files become corrupted or missing for some unexpected reasons then verifying and repairing the game files using the game launcher can help you a lot. To do this:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Forza Horizon 5 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
3. Update Audio Driver
It seems that multiple affected players have reported about the outdated audio driver on their Windows computers. If you’re also using the outdated sound driver for a while then make sure to check for updates by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Right-click on the correct audio device that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
4. Update Windows
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
5. Increase the Volume Level
Make sure to increase the volume level on your PC because a low volume can cause no audio issue in most cases. Just click on the sound icon on the taskbar and drag the slider to increase or decrease the volume level accordingly. Alternatively, you can also press the volume button on the keyboard to increase or decrease the volume level.
6. Update Forza Horizon 5
If in case, you haven’t updated your Forza Horizon 5 game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Forza Horizon 5 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
7. Check for Physical Damage
Check whether your microphone is physically damaged or not. Use it on another device to cross-check the same issue.
8. Turn Off Windows Sonic or Spatial Sound
If your desktop or laptop has the Windows Sonic or Spatial Sound feature then make sure to disable it by following the steps below:
- Click on the Start menu > Go to Settings > Click on System.
- Now, click on Sound > Select Related settings.
- Go to Sound Control Panel and select a playback device.
- Next, select Properties > Select Spatial sound.
- In the Spatial Sound format, select Windows Sonic for Headphones.
- Finally, click on Apply > Reboot the PC to change the effects.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.