Updated on August 07, 2019: Now, Huawei brings the latest EMUI 9.1 software update to its Honor 8X device. Now, you can Download Huawei Honor 8X EMUI 9.1 with July 2019 Patch based on Android Pie. Here in this article, we have shared the EMUI 9.1 firmware details, features, and steps to install properly with download links. Follow the full guide.
Huawei has started rolling Android 9.0 Pie Open beta update for Huawei Honor 8X. The update brings the beautiful EMUI 9.0 Beta which comes with a lot of goodies along with Android Pie features. Currently, Open beta update is rolling for only the selected users under the beta channel. In case if you are not a beta tester, then you can install the Huawei Honor 8X Android 9.0 Pie update manually by following this guide given below.
As per the statement released by Huawei, this update is an open beta version of EMUI 9.0 which lets interested users enjoy the early software features in advance and give feedback for improvement before releasing the stable version to the public. The current development is in beta so problems or bugs may exist. So make sure to back up the data on your Honor 8X before installing this update.
The update is now live and available to download here. If you didn’t sign up for Huawei Beta program or you are not patience to wait for the OTA, then you can download the full firmware and flash the update via flashy tool to upgrade from Android 8.0 Oreo to Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei Honor 8X. Below we given are Open Beta software, if you experience bugs, then we are not responsible.
EMUI 9.1 Full Features
EROFS File System: Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- Customizes incoming call videos for your contacts
GPU Turbo 3.0: Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- Car Key: Your mobile phone can be turned into a car key. Currently supports Audi 7 series cars.
Supports instantaneous sharing of clipboard and screen recordings between your phone and Huawei MateBook.
- AR Measurement: With the Stock Camera app, users can measure length, height, area, volume, and more easily via AR measurement option.
- New Voice Assistant: EMUI 9.1 brings a new improved voice assistant with a new interaction. Long press the power button for a second to wake up.
Cloning: EMUI 9.1 users can simply clone or duplicate the device data like contacts, images, music files, videos, and more if required. You can also clone social apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Google Android July 2019 Security Patch with improved system security.
- VLOG: Huawei EMUI 9.1 features new effects and editing tools and share option with one-click. It offers so many filters and special effects with background music.
- OneHop: This feature offers media and image sharing option between smartphone and PC easily. Users can also copy or paste files with OneHop feature simply.
- Few bug fixes and system improvements.
[su_spoiler title=”EMUI 9.0 Update”]
EMUI 9.0 is here. Built on Android Pie, EMUI 9.0 preserves that essential Android flavor, with an added dash of nature and simplicity. This new version contains wonderful new technology and streamlined processes, as well as a friendlier, more beautiful design. Our improved, intuitive interface brings greater convenience in work and daily use safeguards your data, helps you to understand your digital habits and more. We couldn’t be more proud to put EMUI 9.0 in your palm, and we hope it brings you joy and delight. Note: The time required to install this update may vary depending on your device and network.
Intuitive design We’ve simplified the UI in EMUI 9.0, making it easier and more intuitive to use. Nature’s sounds Alarms and ringtones are inspired by nature, bringing the wild back to your everyday. Illustrated functionality We’ve made it easier to learn about your phone with graphically engaging instructions and descriptions. Simple settings EMUI 9.0 unifies, combining once separate functions into a single, streamlined experience. All of your most frequently used settings are easier to access.
Digital balance Understand your habits, manage your time, and get plenty of sleep. Digital balance helps you balance your device usage, so you and your family can live in perfect harmony with technology. Faster launch times We’ve improved launch speeds for the most popular apps on the market. Functionality Once-heavy processes now move lightning fast. It’s now much faster to pay, open large images, and share photos with WeChat.
Android 9.0 Pie Update
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration of Android from Google. With Android Pie, Google has revamped many UI changes which include the notification panel, Settings, Quick Toggles and more. The main highlighted features of Android Pie are notification panel, indoor WiFi positioning, support for iPhone X-style notches, Material Design 2, Dark Mode, Enhanced Auto-fill, Dual Camera API, Neural network API implementation and many more.
Well, let us now take a quick look at some of the most important features of Android 9 Pie. Should we?
Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Here are some of the main features of the Android 9 Pie:
- Gestures: With this release of Android, Google removed the original home button with a pill that supports gestures. For instance, the users can slide up to show recent apps or slide right to quickly switch between apps.
- New Recent Apps menu: With the earlier versions of Android, there used to be a stacked card list of Recent Apps. This is now replaced with a horizontal card list.
- New User Interface: The Android 9 Pie has an all-new user interface which is even more minimal. Google has used the Color Sche,e which they call it as Material Design 2 with this version of Android.
- Dashboard: Also known as Digital Wellbeing is One of our personal favorite features of the Android 9 Pie is the addition of a Dashboard. Now, the dashboard is that feature which would help you track your overall usage. Users can track the app(s) usage, sleep and more. The objective here is to prevent distractions and focus on productive things.
- Slices: With earlier versions of Android, when we search for an app on Android, the app icon itself comes up. But with this version of Android, Google is going to show you information that’s embedded within apps.
EMUI 9.1 Download Firmware:
Every links are now broken. Sorry!
Steps to Install Huawei Honor 8X Android 9.0 Pie Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- Supported Device: Huawei Honor 8X
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Beta Flashy Tool: Download Beta Flashy v0.2 [to flash using the first method]
- Required Drivers: Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
- Unlock Bootloader: To install Huawei Honor 8X Android 9.0 Pie update, you need bootloader to unlock on your device.
1st Method: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 9.1 / 9.0 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract on your PC’
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the Android 9 Pie on Huawei Honor 8X
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android Pie EMUI 9.0 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the Android Pie.
2nd Method: Instructions:
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
I hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei Honor 8X Android 9.0 Pie Update.