Samsung has announced the Galaxy S10 lineup devices early this year in 2019 with a whole new look & design and powerful hardware specifications. Samsung is still on the verge of releasing the Android 10 stable update on the top of One UI 2.0 for Galaxy S10 models globally. So, if you’re a Galaxy S10 or S10 Plus (Exynos) user and want to get a taste of pure Android 10 or want to install a custom ROM, then check this full article. Here you can download Lineage OS 17 for Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus [Android 10] and install it by following our full-depth installation guide.
A big thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer Ivan_Meler for releasing the Lineage OS 17.0 for Galaxy S10 series Exynos variants. The latest Lineage OS 17.0 Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus is quite stable except for the VoLTE and VoWiFi issues. It’s based on Android 10 and offers plenty of features along with system stability, security enhancements, etc. Sounds good? Let’s proceed.
Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus Specifications
Both the Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ was launched in March 2019. The Galaxy S10 Plus has a bigger 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED display, Exynos 9820 SoC (Global)/SDM855 (USA/China), runs on Android 9 Pie over One UI. It packs 8GB/12GB RAM, 128GB/512GB/1TB storage, a triple 12+12+16MP rear camera, a dual 10+8MP selfie camera, a 4100mAh battery, 15W fast charging, and more.
While the sibling Galaxy S10 offers a 6.1-inch Dynamic AMOLED display, an 8GB RAM, 128GB/512GB storage, a single 10MP punch-hole selfie camera, a smaller 3400mAh battery, etc. While the rest of the features and hardware specifications are the same as the Galaxy S10 Plus.
What’s on the Android 10 version?
This year Google has launched the Android 10 OS version officially in September. For your info, the Android 10 is the successor version of Android 9.0 Pie and the 10th-iteration of Android OS. It brings a bunch of new features and plenty of improvements as well.
It offers new system UI, new gestures navigation, enhanced privacy & location control, control over app permissions, 5G support, etc. While the Android 10 also brings system-wide dark mode, smart reply, focus mode, family link, live caption, foldable display support, chat bubble, built-in call screening, multi-camera API, and more.
Lineage OS 17: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S10/S10+ by flashing this custom ROM.
What's Working and What's Not
- mali drivers
- USB tethering
- Video Playback
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Ril (Mobile data, calls, SMS and stuff)
- Wifi HotSpot
- 2D and 3D GPU acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- Cameras (All of them)
- HWcomposer (HWC)
- Signal indicator
- Double-tap to wake
- Wireless PowerShare
What’s not working:
- VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depend on Samsungs framework
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus (SM-G973X and SM-G975X)
First, unlock the Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 Plus bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus model.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 file and supported for Galaxy S10 (SM-G973X) and Galaxy S10 Plus (SM-G975X) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first. (Guide for Galaxy S10 / Galaxy S10 Plus)
- You will need to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10/S10+.
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install: Lineage OS 17 for Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Galaxy S10/S10 Plus into Recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
Skip 5 - 7 step if you already have the latest TWRP Recovery
- In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!