On this page, we are sharing the official LineageOS 17.1 for the Sony Xperia Z3 (codenamed z3). The team behind the popular LineageOS custom ROM has been extending its supported device list ever since the ROM made its debut this year. For those with the Xperia Z3, now can enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 support officially.
To install this update on your Xperia Z3, you must first unlock the bootloader and must install the TWRP Recovery. Well, LineageOS 17.1 is based on Android 10 which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes.
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Xperia Z3 (z3)
First, unlock the Xperia Z3 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Xperia Z3.
- This ROM is tested only on Sony Xperia Z3 (z3.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Xperia Z3 (z3)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
- Lineage OS 17.1: Official Link
- Download Lineage OS 17.1 Gapps [BitGapps]
- Download and install Sony USB Drivers
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 17.1 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Xperia Z3.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Xperia Z3 (z3) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.