With the on-going of the Coronavirus pandemic, several businesses and companies have adopted the use of Zoom. The video conferencing application has seen massive growth in its user base over the past few months. And if you’re using the application for the first time, you might ask how to mute and unmute in Zoom. The option to mute and unmute the mic during a video conference is extremely useful. Therefore, in this tutorial, we’ll show you the steps to mute and unmute within the Zoom application on your smartphone.
The method does work for both the iOS app and the Android application. Fortunately, the steps to mute and unmute are fairly easy. Therefore, there’s no reason to fret. Of course, we’ll show you how to mute and unmute your microphone as well as how to mute and unmute the participants in the conference. Keep in mind that you can only mute participants if you are the host of the meeting. Nevertheless, follow the guide below to mute and unmute in Zoom on your smartphone. Furthermore, you can check out 7 steps to secure your Zoom conference or chat.
How to mute and unmute your mic in Zoom
During a conference, you can mute your microphone via the following steps.
- Tap on a black space on the screen to bring up the bottom toolbar during a Zoom meeting.
- You should see a few options appear at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on the Mute icon which is located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Once you tap on the Mute icon, it should turn Red which indicates that your microphone is muted.
- To unmute the microphone again, simply tap on the Unmute icon which will be in the same spot as when you tapped on the Mute icon.
That’s it. You can now mute and unmute your microphone in the Zoom application on your smartphone. As we mentioned earlier the steps to mute and unmute in Zoom are fairly simple. However, do not forget to unmute your microphone when you want to speak. Because you may end up missing out on a conversation if your mic is left on mute. Additionally, you can also mute and unmute participants in the conference. Here are the steps to mute and unmute participants in Zoom.
Also read: How to Prevent from Zoom Bombing? What is it? How hackers use it?
How to mute and unmute all participants in a Zoom conference
If you are the host of a Zoom meeting, you can choose to mute and unmute all participants in the conference.
- Tap on any blank space on the screen during the conference.
- In the bottom toolbar, select Participants.
- You should now be able to see the list of participants in the conference.
- In the bottom toolbar, you should be able to see the options to Mute All and Unmute All.
- Tap on Mute All and based on the situation, you can choose to allow participants to unmute themselves, or you can uncheck the ‘Allow participants unmute themselves‘ option. This will prevent participants in the conference to speak during the conference.
- When you’re ready to unmute all participants, simply tap on Unmute All.
We hope the guide helped you learn how to mute and unmute your microphone as well as how to mute and unmute participants in the Zoom app. Feel free to drop a comment if you run into any issues while performing the steps above.
- Top 10 Zoom Tips, Tricks and Features to become pro in Video conference
- How to set up two-factor authentication on the Zoom video chat app
- How to find Zoom meeting password using mobile and PC
- Top 10 Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts To Use
- How to Enable Virtual Background on Zoom [Windows, Mac, Linux or PC]
- How to Prevent from Zoom Bombing? What is it? How hackers use it?