When it comes to the compact and handy gaming console, Nintendo Switch is known to all that offers a really good gaming experience with its own approved games. But that’s not only the case here because the interested users can use it at home on their TV. Though using the Switch Dock, it’s pretty easy to play games on the bigger screen, some of the unfortunate users are reporting that their Nintendo Switch Dock Not Working for some reasons. Sometimes the particular issue happens to the users as an HDCP problem and sometimes the Switch may not output video which is a bit of a mess. If you’re also experiencing the same problem, check out this guide for possible workarounds.
Now, there are a couple of possible reasons behind the switch dock isn’t working problem. Let’s say you may not have inserted the dock’s cable properly or somehow you’re using the wrong cables which are causing connectivity issues. Meanwhile, it’s also worth mentioning that any third-party switch dock may not work as expected with the Nintendo Switch. Mostly, the switch dock allows TV Mode for your console that may encounter multiple connectivity issues with the TV.
Table of Contents
Nintendo Switch Dock Not Working: How to Fix It?
Sometimes any physically damaged or wet dock can also cause several issues. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
1. Restart Your Nintendo Switch
- Press and hold the Power button on a Nintendo Switch for a few seconds to bring the Power Menu.
- Now, select Power Options > Choose to Restart.
- Wait for the Nintendo Switch to get reboot completely.
- Finally, you can try again to check whether your Nintendo Switch Dock is working or not working.
2. Power Cycle the Setup
If a simple restart doesn’t fix the issue, you should perform a power cycle to the entire setup. To do that:
- Unplug both the HDMI cable and power cable from the dock.
- Next, press and hold the Power button of the Nintendo Switch dock for around 10-15 seconds.
- Once the switch is turned off, wait for around a minute or so.
- Make sure to restart your switch and TV during that time.
- Finally, power on the dock > Connect all the cables properly and check if that helps.
3. Insert Dock Cables Properly
As per the recommended solution on the Nintendo Support Forum, the affected Nintendo Switch users should try re-inserting the dock cables properly to ensure there is nothing wrong at your end. To do this:
- First of all, just unplug the Nintendo Switch from the dock and unplug all cables too.
- Next, you have to properly insert the power cable into the power source.
- Then plug the power cable into the Nintendo Switch dock, obviously.
- Now, you’ll need to insert the HDMI cable into the TV.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the switch dock.
- Finally, connect or attach the Nintendo Switch to the dock.
This should fix the problem completely. However, if the problem persists, make sure to follow the next method.
4. Check Power Cables Properly
It’s needless to say that the Nintendo Switch dock works as a connector between the Nintendo Switch console and your TV. So, checking the power cable properly is necessary to supply the power from the wall outlet. Even if you’re using an extension cord then check it properly.
5. Check HDMI Cable
HDMI cables are a conductor for the video and audio info from the Switch to your TV. If in case, there is an issue with the HDMI cable, you’ll encounter such problems. Make sure to check both the ends properly or try using another HDMI cable.
6. Check whether Dock is working or not
If you’re having any issues with the Nintendo Switch Dock, make sure to check if your dock is fine or not. If in case, you’ve another dock, try using the Switch and TV with it to ensure the problem. Sometimes a defective Nintendo Switch dock may also end up with a not working problem.
7. Avoid Third-Party Docks
It’s highly recommended not to use any third-party docks for your Nintendo Switch to connect to the TV because it may not work expectedly. Sometimes a third-party dock can brick switch systems. Although third-party docks are getting better these days, we can’t expect more from them, unlike the official dock.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.