Android 14 will be the next iteration of Android. Many smartphone manufacturers will be launching their version of Android 14, including OPPO. And as Android 14 approaches, many OPPO phone users wonder which models will be compatible with the latest update.
In this article, we will discuss the expected release date of Android 14 for OPPO devices, the new features it will bring, and a list of OPPO phones that are likely to receive the update. Let’s begin.
OPPO Android 14 Release Date
Update September 21, 2023: Google has started rolling out the Android 14 QPR1 Beta 1 for the Pixel devices. The Android 14 stable release will be on October 4th. Although the stable Android 14 release is still a few weeks away, Google has started rolling out the first quarterly major update i.e., Android 14 QPR1 Beta 1.
Update September 12, 2023: The ColorOS 14 Android 14 Closed Beta is now available for more devices including the OPPO Reno 10, OPPO Reno 8 5G, OPPO Reno 8 Pro, OPPO A57, and OPPO A77.
Update September 07, 2023: Google just announced the Android 14 Beta 5.3. The stable Android 14 will be released on October 4th. This update is available for all eligible Pixel devices, and the new beta update brings a handful of bug fixes and improvements to Android 14. Unfortunately, the stable release of Android 14 keeps getting pushed back.
Update September 03, 2023: OPPO has released the ColorOS 14 Android 14 Beta for the Reno 9 Pro and the Reno 9 Pro Plus. If you have one of these devices, you can install the beta.
Update August 26, 2023: As expected, Google has also released the Android 14 Beta 5.2 for the Pixel Tablet and the Pixel Fold. The new update brings a ton of bug fixes to these devices including unresponsive fingerprint issues, docking issues with the Pixel Tablet, screen flickering, and more.
Update August 19, 2023: Unfortunately, Google’s promise wasn’t true. Google has released the Android 14 Beta 5.1 update for the Pixel devices. Pixel devices that qualify are currently receiving the update rollout, which introduces bug fixes to Android 14. The exact timing of the stable Android 14 update’s release remains uncertain.
Update August 12, 2023: Unexpectedly, Google has rolled out Android 14 Beta 5. However, we can confirm that this will be the final update before the stable release. This assurance comes directly from Google itself, as stated in an Android Developer’s blog post. The beta update brings improvements, bug fixes, and a couple of fresh features to the operating system. If you’re part of the beta testing group, you can immediately install the update. The stable release, unfortunately, seems to be delayed this time, expected in late August.
Update July 27, 2023: Android 14 Beta 4.1 has been released. Google took to Reddit to unveil this latest beta update, which brings along a considerable amount of bug fixes, surprising for a point update. Those using Pixel 4a and newer devices will be able to install this update. Speculations are rife that this could be the final update before the official full release or stable version of Android 14. OPPO might soon release its list of devices eligible for the Android 14 beta update.
Update July 12, 2023: Android 14 Beta 4 has been launched The release of this update is being done slowly for eligible Beta users. This new Beta version should be the final or second to last update before the official release in August 2023. Beta 4 of Android 14 brings enhancements, bug fixes, and additional features. It is likely that Beta 4.1 will also be released shortly.
Update July 06, 2023: As per an image shared by a reliable tipster, Digital Chat Station, on Weibo, OPPO will be releasing ColorOS 14 Fold for its foldable devices. From the model number that we can see in the image, the phone seems to be the OPPO Find N2 Flip. This version of the ColorOS skin could be more optimized and tuned for the OPPO Find N Fold series phones. Obviously, the ColorOS 14 Fold will also be based on Android 14.
Update June 16, 2023: Android 14 Beta 3.1 is now live, offering users an updated version. The release includes the June security patch and addresses various bugs, including the fingerprint unlock problem. Participants in the beta program can now install the update on their devices in a phased manner. OPPO should also release the beta update for its devices soon.
Update June 07, 2023: The release of Android 14 Beta 3 marks a significant milestone, signifying Platform Stability and finalization of APIs. OPPO users can look forward to features such as non-linear font scaling and enhanced app permission controls. Also, the Beta 3 brings a number of bug fixes too. While OPPO has not released the Beta 2 update for its devices yet, it is expected to release it soon.
Update June 02, 2023: According to Mishaal Rahman’s tweet, Android 14 may bring battery health stats to devices, showing original capacity, charge cycles, charging policy, and manufacturing date. It’s an exciting feature, and OPPO devices might also receive it.
Update May 29, 2023: Google has introduced the Android 14 Beta 2.1 for its Pixel devices. This update addresses several issues and bugs found in the previous version, Android 14 Beta 2. By installing Android 14 Beta 2.1, users can expect improved device performance and fewer bugs.
Update May 16, 2023: The official release date for OPPO’s Android 14, as well as information on the beta testing stages, have been revealed in the most recent roadmap for the Chinese market. The release of OPPO’s Android 14 is scheduled for September, and it will include a number of new features and enhancements.
The developer beta for ColorOS 14 has already been made available for the OPPO Find N2 and Find N2 Flip, which will excite early adopters. The closed beta program is scheduled to commence in August 2023, offering a select group of users the opportunity to test Android 14 and provide feedback.
The public beta rollout is said to start in September 2023. Before the official release, this stage will give a larger audience a chance to try out OPPO’s Android 14. The stable version of the operating system will then be rolled out in phases over the next couple of months.
Update May 10, 2023: Android 14 Beta 2 has been announced. OPPO has taken part in the Android 14 beta program. The Oppo Find N2 Flip is among the select devices eligible for the Android 14 beta. This should be expanding to more devices soon. By installing the beta build, users can take advantage of Android 14’s enhanced foldable device support and other exciting features.
Update April 16, 2023: On April 12, 2023, the highly anticipated Android 14 Beta 1 was released, offering users a preview of the upcoming Android 14 operating system. This beta version includes several exciting features and improvements that hint at what users can expect from the final version.
Update March 09, 2023: The Android 14 Developer Preview 2 has been released, following a month after the first preview. This preview gives us an insight into the new features that will be available on Android 14 later this year.
Update February 08, 2023: The first Developer Preview of Android 14 is out now. Google announces the Android 14 roadmap along with the first Developer Preview 1, which can be installed on Pixel devices. Additionally, the roadmap for Android 14 is also revealed. Google plans to release Android 14’s stable version by the month of August this year. This way, we can expect OPPO to start the Android 14 beta testing in July or August 2023.
The original post is as follows:
OPPO is expected to release Android 14 in the third quarter of 2023. The exact date is still unknown, but the company is expected to announce it in the coming months. OPPO has been known to provide timely updates for its devices, so that we can expect the same for Android 14.
If we are to analyze, the Android Developer Beta should be rolling out next month, i.e., February 2023. After a few months of beta testing, Google should roll out Android 14 in August, followed by other OEMs later. OPPO unveiled its list of ColorOS 13 supported devices in August, so that we can expect the same with ColorOS 14 based on Android 14.
OPPO Android 14 Features
Android 14 will have many new features, including support for Satellite Connectivity, predictive back gestures, updatable root certificates, better foldable support, and a new sharing menu. It may also come with a new user interface and many other improvements, such as improved multitasking and better performance. Regardless, it is too early to speculate anything about the features of the upcoming Android 14 update on OPPO devices.
The first developer preview of Android 14 offered a glimpse into its new features, and we expect these features to be present in the final release of OPPO Android 14 as well. Some of the key highlights are:
- Security & Privacy: The Security & Privacy section underwent some minor changes in the developer preview, including clearer subheadings and the removal of drop-down menus. However, since each OEM has a different design for this section, it is not considered a major change.
- Screen-On-Time: Google has brought back the ability to track the amount of time the screen is on, which was previously removed in Android 12 but is now available again in the Android 14 developer preview.
- Fast Pair: Google’s Fast Pair feature has been included in the Connection preferences section in settings but currently has no functionality. It is hoped that Google will add more functionality in future releases.
- Taskbar Icon Labels: The Developer Preview 1 of Android 14 has added text labels to the taskbar icons for devices with a DPI of 600 or higher.
- Improved Color Options: The Material You theme color options have been made more visually appealing, with brighter and more vibrant basic color choices.
Android 14 Developer Preview 2 Features
The following are some of the new features included in Android 14 Developer Preview 2:
- New System Icon: One of the most prominent changes in Android 14 is the introduction of a new system icon. This NASA-inspired logo is now visible in various locations, including system notification pop-ups, and when connecting to a PC for USB debugging.
- Changes in Gesture Navigation: If you use gesture navigation, you will notice some changes when using the back gesture. The back gesture is now contained within a pill-shaped container that aligns with the Dynamic Color theme that you have selected on your device. Additionally, the navigation mode section has been elevated within the settings menu and moved out of the gestures menu and into the system section.
- Improved Security and Privacy Menu: Android 14 Developer Preview 2 features improvements to the security and privacy menu introduced in Android 13. Drop-down menus have been replaced with dedicated pages for each individual section, providing a unique page view for each section.
- Material You Rounded Bubbly Aesthetic: Material You now has a rounded bubbly aesthetic in the Android 14 Developer Preview 2. When making selections within the settings menu, the area will be highlighted and is now more rounded, similar to the pill-shaped Quick Settings tiles. This is a minor change, but it is an excellent addition to the user interface.
- Changes to the Lock Screen Widget: The lock screen widget has been condensed to just one line, and the weather conditions are displayed in line with the current day and date. There is no option to revert back to the previous two-line format.
- Unique Regional Changes: The “Languages and input” section on your device allows you to customize regional settings such as the units of temperature (Fahrenheit or Celsius), the starting day of the week, and number formats. This feature works alongside the per-app language settings that are already available, giving you complete control over the localization of your device.
- Flash Notifications: Android 14 Developer Preview 2 also includes a new feature called flash notifications. This allows Pixel owners to get the previously missing notification LED. This feature can be found in the accessibility section, where you can select the camera LED to blink when a notification arrives on your phone. You have the option to turn on camera flash notifications, screen flash notifications, or both at the same time.
- Wallpaper Preview: Another change visible in the update is the full-screen preview option when setting a wallpaper on your phone. When selecting an image from the device’s default image repository, users can now quickly enter a full-screen preview mode.
- New Clock Settings: Although not yet functional, it appears that users will have the ability to choose a custom clock for their lock screen in a future update. This feature will enable users to select a clock design that suits their preferences, resulting in a more personalized lock screen experience.
- New Monochrome Theme: The update also includes an added monochrome theme that users can choose as part of the basic colour section. This option will display on-device system themes in either milky white buttons for light mode or grayscale buttons for dark mode.
Android 14 Beta 1 Features
The Android 14 Beta 1 introduces several noteworthy improvements and features, providing a glimpse into what the final version of Android 14 may offer. Some of the additions and changes include:
- Transparent Navigation Bar Toggle: A new feature that allows users to make the navigation bar’s background color transparent, making it easier to see hidden information without scrolling down.
- Lock Screen Customization: While there have been rumors about Android 14’s lock screen being more customizable, there are only a few minor lock screen additions in Beta 1, such as disabling the weather display on the lock screen.
- Enhanced PIN Animations: Beta 1 includes new animations when dialing in numbers for users who use a pin as their lock screen method.
- Live Wallpapers for Lock and Home Screens: Although this feature is not yet enabled in the software and needs to be enabled within the code, Android 14 allows users to set different live wallpapers for their lock screen and home screen.
- Improved Authenticator App Security: One of the most significant changes in Android 14 is a new security feature that restricts which accessibility services and apps can interact with authenticator apps, making it harder for malware to steal two-factor authentication codes.
- Modem Upgrade for Pixel 7 and 7 Pro: Users of the Pixel 7 or 7 Pro who update to Android 14 will see an improvement in phone calls and cellular network connectivity due to the modem upgrade.
- Other Changes: There are also other changes, such as a new Bluetooth LE audio toggle and new configuration files for external touchpads, that have been made under the hood.
Android 14 Beta 2 Features
- Languages & input split: The “Languages & input” settings menu has been divided into two sections, ‘Languages’ and ‘Keyboard,’ for more organized access to language-related settings and keyboard preferences.
- Font size Quick Settings tile: Android 14 Beta 2 introduces a new Quick Settings tile dedicated to adjusting the font size, providing a convenient way to modify the system-wide font size from the notification shade.
- New uninstall/trash icon: The update brings a refreshed icon representing the uninstall or trash action, symbolizing the removal or deletion of an app.
- App info line separation: In Android 14 Beta 2, the layout of the app info screen has been modified, removing line separation between sections to create a cleaner and streamlined look within the app information settings.
- New animations: Android 14 Beta 2 introduces new animations for specific interactions. For example, accessing the Wallpaper & Style settings triggers a visually appealing animation, and a long-press action on app icons initiates a new animation for an enhanced user experience.
- New Security & privacy icon: Android 14 Beta 2 includes a redesigned icon representing Security & privacy settings and features, offering a more visually appealing and intuitive representation.
List of OPPO Phones that will Get Android 14
As of now, it is not yet confirmed which OPPO phone models will be receiving the Android 14 update. Android 14 is expected to be released later this year in 2023, and it will take some time before the official list of compatible devices is announced.
However, the newer and more high-end OPPO models will likely be among the first to receive the update. This includes the OPPO Find X5 Pro, OPPO Reno 9 series, OPPO Find N series, and the OPPO A96 5G. These models are expected to be among the first to receive the Android 14 update once it is officially released. Here is a full list of OPPO devices that are expected to receive Android 14:
Note: The following list is unofficial and based on OPPO’s previous track record and software update policy. The list is subject to change. It does not include any devices launched after January 2023, as they will get Android 14.
- Oppo A1
- Oppo A1x
- Oppo Reno8 T
- Oppo Reno8 T 5G
- OPPO Find X6 Pro
- OPPO Find X5 Pro
- OPPO Find X5
- OPPO Find N2
- OPPO Find N2 Flip
- OPPO Reno 9 Pro+
- OPPO Reno 9 Pro
- OPPO Reno 9
- OPPO Reno 8 Pro
- OPPO Reno 8
- OPPO Reno 7 Pro
- OPPO Reno 7
- OPPO Reno 6 Pro
- OPPO Reno 6
- OPPO K10 Series
- OPPO F23 Series
- OPPO F21 Series
- OPPO F19 Series
- OPPO A96
- OPPO A58 5G
OPPO Android 14 Ineligible Phones
Here are the OPPO phones that might not get the Android 14 update:
- OPPO Find X3 Pro
- OPPO Find X2 Pro
- OPPO Find X2 Pro Automobili Lamborghini Edition
- OPPO Find X2
- OPPO Find X3 Neo 5G
- OPPO Find X3 Lite 5G
- OPPO Reno 5 Pro 5G
- OPPO Reno 5 Pro
- OPPO Reno 5 5G
- OPPO Reno 5 Z 5G
- OPPO Reno 5
- OPPO Reno 5 Marvel Edition
- OPPO Reno 5 F
- OPPO Reno 5 Lite
- OPPO Reno 5 A
- OPPO A77
- OPPO A76
- OPPO A94 5G
- OPPO A74 5G
These are just some of the devices eligible for the Android 14 update. More devices will likely be added to the list in the coming months.
It’s also worth noting that OPPO has a good track record of providing regular software updates to its devices. The company has also prioritised supporting older devices with new software updates, so it’s likely that many of the older OPPO models will also receive the Android 14 update.
That’s all we know about OPPO’s Android 14 so far. The release date, features, and list of supported devices are still unconfirmed. Stay tuned to our website for the latest updates on OPPO’s Android 14 update. What are your thoughts on the release date and supported devices? What features do you expect in the Android 14 update? Let us know in the comments section below.