Oukitel is a Chinese brand that produces mobiles from the year 2007. All the smartphones are based on the Android operating system and are available for purchase online only. Recently the brand unveiled, its new device i.e. the Oukitel WP6. This is a rugged smartphone and comes with standard protections.
If you are here, then you may be looking for a firmware flash file for your Oukitel WP6. If yes, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to flash the stock ROM file on Oukitel WP6 by using the SP Flash tool.
We have shared all the pre-requisites files to download and install the stock ROM flash file on your device.
Oukitel WP6 Device Overview
The Oukitel WP6 features a 6.3 inch IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution. Yes, this display has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels. This display also gets protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass. Unfortunately, they didn’t specify which version of the Glass is used. As we said above, this is a rugged smartphone, and so it has various protection.
Coming to the internals, the Oukitel WP6 sports the MediaTek Helio P70 SoC and this is built on the 12nm process. This is an SoC that is an upgrade over the Helio P60; the one that made Realme 1 so famous. This octa-core SoC has four Cortex A73 cores, and other four Cortex A53 cores, and this together makes this as a 2.1GHz clock speed SoC. To the GPU side, it has the ARM Mali G72 MP3 GPU. Talking about memory options, it features 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Further, this is also expandable via a micro SD card up to 256GB.
Coming to the optics, the Oukitel WP6 sports a triple rear camera setup. This camera setup includes a primary 48MP Samsung GM1 sensor. This also pairs with a secondary 5MP sensor, and finally a 0.3MP tertiary sensor. It also supports Dual LED flash, and also for autofocus. To the front, the device sports a 16MP snapper. There is no flash to the front. The device runs on the latest Android 10 out of the box.
This rugged smartphone comes with support for a massive 10,000 mAh Lithium Polymer battery. This also supports for 12V / 1.5A, and also for 9V / 2A; this means that it supports for 18W fast charging tech. Sensors on this smartphone include Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Barometer, Pedometer, and Fingerprint. The device is available in two color options namely Black, and Orange. Coming to the dimensions, it measures about 17.40 cm x 8.10 cm x 1.73 cm, and weighs about 375 grams. As it a rugged smartphone, it comes with protection like IP69K, MIL-STD-810G, that totally protects against Dust, Water, and Concrete. This also comes with support for IP68 protection, which can withstand up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Oukitel WP6. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Oukitel WP6 Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Oukitel WP6
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Oukitel WP6
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Oukitel WP6
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk: Mediatek Guide or Spreadtrum Guide
- You can unroot Oukitel WP6
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device: Mediatek FRP Guide or Spreadtrum FRP Guide
- Restore Oukitel WP6 back to Factory State
- Device Name: Oukitel WP6
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6771
- Android Version: Android 9.0 Pie
How to Install Oukitel WP6 Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Oukitel WP6, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: Oukitel WP6
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: VCOM drivers, SP Flash Tool and Oukitel USB Drivers
- Firmware Flash File File:
- ASW1102YF_2201_T0718: Download
Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tool on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Once your load the SP Flash tool UI, Tap on Download option
- In the download tab, you have to load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- You will find the scatter text file inside the ROM package for most cases, if not, you can create a scatter text file on your own.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Oukitel WP6, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- You need to wait for a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
- Once the flashing process completes, you will find a green button which means a successful upgrade.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Oukitel WP6
Follow our full-depth video guide below:Video Guide to Install Stock ROM via SP Flash Tool
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Oukitel WP6 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.