If you’re using the Poco C3 (codenamed angelicain) device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Poco C3 using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted device easily.
In order to root your Poco C3, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Table of Contents
Xiaomi Poco C3 Specifications:
Poco C3 comes with a 6.43-inches IPS LCD display, 720×1600 pixels resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio screen with the help of Panda Glass protection.
The handset is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G35 SoC, coupled with PowerVR GE8320 GPU, 3GB/4GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of internal storage variants. Most importantly, the device has a dedicated MicroSD card support for the additional storage expansion. It has a triple 13MP (wide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) camera setup at the backside. While the front features a 5MP selfie camera with a wide-angle, f/2.2 lens.
Talking about the connectivity features, the Poco C3 sports a dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0 port, USB OTG, etc. While the device packs an ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and an accelerometer. The best part is that it has a massive 5,000mAh battery which will last more than a day very easily. However, it has a standard 10W charging.
Steps To Root Poco C3 Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Poco C3
- Your phone should have battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Poco C3 (angelicain) model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Poco C3
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Poco C3 (angelicain) from the below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Poco C3 device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.