In this guide, we have shared the steps to root Realme GT Neo 3T RMX3372 using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease. Realme GT Neo 3T launched globally on Android 12 with the Realme UI 3.0 skin. The smartphone features a 6.62-inch E4 AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. It is powered by the Snapdragon 870 SoC, paired with 8GB of RAM. It sports a triple rear camera setup and a selfie camera at the front.
To root your Realme GT Neo 3T RMX3372, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
- Realme GT Neo 3T Device Overview:
- Steps To Root Realme GT Neo 3T RMX3372 Using Magisk
- 1. How to Patch the Boot Image using Magisk?
- 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Realme GT Neo 3T
Realme GT Neo 3T Device Overview:
The Realme GT Neo 3T features a 6.62 inches AMOLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The screen has a peak brightness of 1300 nits and supports HDR10+ content. In terms of protection, we get Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Under the hood, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G processor built on a 7nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with one Kryo 585 core clocked at 3.2 GHz, three Kryo 585 cores clocked at 2.42 GHz, and four Kryo 585 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 650. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with Realme UI 3.0 skin running on it.
In optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The triple rear camera setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.3 lens, and a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The selfie camera at the front is a 16MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear camera setup can capture 4K videos at 60fps, while the front camera setup is limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes in two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. We do not get a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 5,000 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using an 80W power adapter. The smartphone has three color options: Shade Black, Drifting White, and Dash Yellow.
Steps To Root Realme GT Neo 3T RMX3372 Using Magisk
Follow the full-depth guide along with the requirements and download the links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on any Realme device
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60%.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, you can get back the important data if anything goes wrong.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Realme GT Neo 3T model. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device to the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Realme USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download the latest Realme GT Neo 3T Firmware Flash File and move it to the PC
1. Download and Extract the OZIP Firmware:
1. How to Patch the Boot Image using Magisk?
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in your PC’s same extracted ROM folder.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Realme GT Neo 3T
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Realme GT Neo 3T from the below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded, followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful and successfully rooted your Realme GT Neo 3T device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.