Xiaomi launched a new mid-range device under its Mi lineup recently on the 5th of January. Xiaomi named it the Xiaomi Mi 10i. The mid-range market is dominated by the Oneplus Nord but Xiaomi plans to tide things in their way with the launch of the new Xiaomi Mi 10i.
If you’re using the Mi 10i 5G device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Mi 10i 5G using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Mi 10i 5G, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G Specifications:
The Xiaomi Mi 10i features a 6.67-inch IPS LCD panel with a 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10 certification. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels with an aspect ratio of 20:9. Both at the front, we get a glass finish with Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Under the hood, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G built on an 8nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 570 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 570 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. The device runs on MIUI 12 based on Android 11.
The USP of this smartphone is the primary sensor at the back. We get a quad-camera setup at the rear with a 108MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 2MP sensor macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front, we get a 16MP sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear setup can record at up to 4K resolution and the front camera is only limited to 1080p videos.
We get two storage variants of this smartphone. The base variant has 6GB RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.2 storage. The higher variant has 8GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage. In terms of communications, we get WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Infrared, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, proximity, and compass. Powering it all up is a 4820 mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging. The company claims a full charge in 58 mins. The smartphone is available in three color options: Pacific Sunrise, Midnight Black, and Atlantic Blue. As for the price, the base variant starts at 20,999 INR which makes it a worthy competitor of the segment dominant Oneplus Nord.
Steps To Root Mi 10i 5G Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Mi 10i 5G
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Mi 10i 5G model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download the latest Mi 10i 5G Stock ROM and move it to the PC
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Mi 10i 5G
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Mi 10i 5G from below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Mi 10i 5G device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.