If you’re an avid Android user or a developer then you should probably know about the Rooting an Android smartphone. By rooting the device, the user can access admin access over the system files and settings. Therefore, installing any mod file, doing customizations with the system will become easy. We already know that Google’s Android OS is highly customizable and easy to use based on Linux. Additionally, without rooting your device, you can tweak your Android device system up to some extent which will be quite limited. But rooting your smartphone is similar to the jailbreaking to your system limitations. Here in this guide, we will provide you an easy method to root Xiaomi Poco X2 using Magisk without TWRP.
If you’re using Xiaomi Poco X2 handset or planning to buy it and want to enable root access, then you should follow this guide completely. Here we have shared the Xiaomi Poco X2 Stock ROM download link, all the pre-requirements, and a complete rooting process via Magisk. By rooting your device, you will be able to change themes, uninstalling bloatware, improve battery life, access rooted apps, etc. Additionally, a rooted device user can tweak mod files via system root directory, change visuals of the system, icons, lock screen, hibernate system apps, and more. Without root access, you can’t edit or delete system files or apps on your Stock Firmware mostly.
Poco X2 Specifications
The Poco X2 sports a 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS LCD punch hole Display with a whooping 120hz screen refresh rate. The device has a screen to body ratio of 91% and in the aspect ratio of 20:9. This LCD display panel also comes with support for an “Intelligent Dynamic Refresh Rate” technology that is claimed to dynamically adjust the refresh rate to provide enhanced results. Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protects the front and rear of the smartphone. Underneath, the Poco X2 it sports Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset which pairs Adreno 618. Further, there is also a second-generation Game Turbo mode which is to boost graphics rendering.
The new smartphone also has a proprietary LiquidCool technology which is claimed to provide 300 percent faster heat transfer over the models which don’t have a liquid cooling system. The device pairs with 6 and 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 64, 128, and 256GB of Ufs 2.1 internal storage options. This internal storage is further expandable up to 256GB via a micro SD card. Although the device has a hybrid SIM slot, i.e. you can insert two Nano SIMS or a Nano-SIM and a micro SD card.
Talking about optics, the Poco X2 sports a quad rear camera setup. This setup comprises of a 64MP Sony IMX 686 primary sensor with an f/1.89 aperture value. This sensor pairs with an 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with a 120-degree field of view and f/2.2 aperture value. Further, it has a tertiary 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture and another 2MP depth sensor with the same f/2.4 aperture. To the front, the device has a dual-camera setup which is placed in the punch hole to the top-right edge.
The Poco X2 packs a 4,500 mAh battery which charges via type c and supports 27W fast charging tech. Poco claims that this device can be charged from 0 – 100 in just 68 minutes. The new device from Poco runs on MIUI 11 Designed for Poco on top of Android 10. The Poco X2 has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and supports face unlock for security purposes. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Smartphone Rooting and it’s Advantages
As we already mentioned above that Rooting for Android means quite similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your Android system. It will give you the superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps freely.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you extra access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Let’s take a look at the rooting advantages.
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi Poco X2 root directory.
- Increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi Poco X2 .
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- By Rooting Xiaomi Poco X2 device, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- Install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module.
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide root access with the Stock ROM by default due to some limitations and security reasons. The Magisk root process doesn’t require a Custom Recovery in order to flash anything. But if in case, your device gets bricked or you’re facing any software bug, you can unroot your device as well.
- You may not get official OTA updates automatically after installing Root. You have to manually update your handset.
- Additionally, your device may get bricked easily due to improper rooting steps.
- Your device warranty may void as well after rooting. Before doing anything, check with your device manufacturer for the warranty terms and conditions.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before doing anything.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Poco X2 using Magisk
Now, let’s take a look at the rooting steps along with requirements and download links. First of all, check out the full requirements and download all the necessary files below.
- Keep charged your device battery up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a full backup (No Root) of your device data before doing anything. If in case, anything goes wrong, you can get back your data.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required in order to connect your device with a PC.
- Download and Install all the required files, tools, and drivers from the below links.
- You have to download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC.
- USB Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your computer and install it.
- Stock ROM: Download Xiaomi Poco X2 Stock Firmware.
Steps to Extract and Patch Boot.image via Magisk
- Let’s hope that you’re already running on the latest Stock ROM or already have downloaded the Stock ROM. Now, just extract it on your PC.
- Connect your Xiaomi Poco X2 device via a USB cable to the PC and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager on your device. Select the Install option to choose the file.
- Now, tap on ‘Patch Boot Image File’.
- Go to the folder where you have moved the image file earlier.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds and Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- After the boot image is patched, copy the ‘patched_boot.img’ from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Finally, you need to follow the second method to flash the patched boot image file on your Xiaomi Poco X2 smartphone.
Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi Poco X2
Check out the full guide mentioned below in a link for a complete guide.Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Handset
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Now, extract the ADB fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image to the same folder.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click on the mouse to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command:
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
Steps to Verify Device Systemless Root:
- Download the Magisk Manager app APK file and install it on your device.
- Open the app and check the Status mode. If you see all options are green checked, that means you have successfully rooted. It also means that you’ve bypassed the SafetyNet as well.
- That’s it. Enjoy!