Samsung started rolling the official Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S8 Plus with both Exynos and Snapdragon variant. The update brings the latest Samsung Experience 9.0 along with new interface and Oreo features. If you are running the Android 7.0 Nougat, then must try this new baked sweet of Android known as Android Oreo. Along with this update, you will also get the latest Security Patch and other bug fixes. Now you can enjoy the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo for all the models: G955F, G955U and more.
It’s been long since Android 8.0 Oreo has officially unveiled. Samsung has been rolling the beta test version of Android 8.0 Oreo. So, this may seem a bit late. But the longer you wait, we can expect the better treat of Android Oreo from Samsung which will come with improved performance and bug-free. Finally, we have the latest Android Oreo to the Galaxy S8 Plus. We may expect a more fresh update soon that would concentrate on security patches.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo update has started to roll out for all users in Exynos and Snapdragon variants. It is being sent via OTA (Over the Air) for users in a phase-wise manner. It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every user. If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo update manually by following the below steps. Apart from the OTA, we have provided the link to the official ROM. There is also a tutorial, in brief, to guide you in installing the latest Oreo Update.
How to Manually Capture Galaxy S8 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you
- Ensure to have enough storage to download and install the Android Oreo update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus it.
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Download Link for All Android 8.0 Oreo Update
|G955USQU3CRD4||T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Plus G955U|
|G955USQU2CRB9||Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus|
|G955FXXU1CRB7||Galaxy S8 Plus G955F|
|G955FXXU1CRAP||Galaxy S8 Plus G955F|
|G955USQU1ZQJJ||AT&T Galaxy S8 Plus G955U|
|G955USQU2CRB1||Galaxy S8 Plus G955U Snapdragon|
|G955FXXU1BQI1||Galaxy S8 Plus G955F|
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and Drivers:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:Complete Tutorial To Flash Latest Galaxy S8 Plus Firmware Using ODIN Tool
So, that’s all you have to do. Go download the latest Galaxy S8 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo update and enjoy.