If you’re a power user, then you should definitely install TWRP recovery on Infinix Hot 6 (X606/X606B) device. TWRP is a custom recovery project which enables users to flash custom ROMs, install mods, root device and take complete backup. If you want to get the most out of your android device, then TWRP is a must have tool.
Talking about the specifications, Infinix Hot 6 features a 6-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. It is powered by MediaTek MT6737 Processor coupled with 1/2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 128GB via microSD card. The camera on the Infinix Hot 6 comes with a 13MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery. Infinix Hot 6 also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Today, in this tutorial, we will guide you on how to download and install TWRP recovery on your Infinix Hot 6 Android smartphone. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several mods, flash ROMs, take a complete backup and so much more. So are you excited? let’s start with the TWRP installation.
- What is TWRP Recovery
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot 6 and Root using Magisk/SU
- Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot 6
- How to Root Infinix Hot 6
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It started as a small recovery project to facilitate ease while flashing custom ROMs and tweaks for android user. With simple and easy to use interface, it quickly became popular among Android enthusiasts and developers. There are quite a lot of benefits of installing a Custom recovery like the TWRP on an Android Device. This includes flashing Super SU or Magisk as well. These benefits include installing Custom ROMs, Patches, MODs and more.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
Here are some of the advantages of installing a TWRP Recovery on an Android Device:
- Flash Custom ROM on Infinix Hot 6 using TWRP
- Flash mods zip & Xposed modules files to customize their phone
- Root their device and install Magisk or SuperSU
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Underclock and overclock.
- Users can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot 6.
- Remove all bloatware using the TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot 6 (X606/X606B).
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot 6 and Root using Magisk/SU
In this tutorial, we will be first installing/Flashing TWRP recovery using flash tools. After that, we will be rooting the device using either Magisk or SuperSU. If you’re new to this stuff then don’t worry. We will guide you through each step. Just read and follow all the steps carefully. But before, let’s get to know some of the device specifications:
Download Required Files
These are the files which you will be needing to install TWRP and rooting Infinix Hot 6 device (X606/X606B). So make sure to download them.
|TWRP Recovery for Infinix Hot 6 – V3.2.3-0||Download|
|Infinix USB drivers||Download|
|SP Flash Tool||Download|
|Scatter File for Infinix Hot 6||Download|
- This Recovery is only supported by the Infinix Hot 6 (X606/X606B).
- You should have a working PC/Laptop
- Make sure that you charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install the latest Infinix USB drivers your PC/Laptop [All Android USB Drivers]
- Download VCOM driver – Instal the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek device.
- Take a full backup of your device. This includes any photos, videos, messages, contacts etc.
Install TWRP Recovery on Infinix Hot 6
Now if you have downloaded all the files and crosschecked all the pre-requisites, then we can follow along with the installation steps. We have a total of two methods by which we can install TWRP on Infinix Hot 6:
Method 1: By SP Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Method 2: By ADB fastboot method
You will need to download some additional files to use this method.
How to Root Infinix Hot 6
If you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on Infinix Hot 6 device then you can proceed further and root your device. By rooting your device, you will get complete control over your device hardware. You can do pretty remarkble things such as under cloacking and over cloaking CPU, increase speaker sound etc.
A lot of people misinterpret the meaning of Rooting to the hacking. Please note that the Rooting does not mean hacking in any way possible. Also, it will not get your phone in trouble if you exactly know what you are doing with it.
Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty. But don’t worry as you can un-root your device anytime you want. Now, let us take a look at some of the advantages of rooting an Android Device.
Advantages of Rooting:
- Users can get access to all hidden files on the Infinix Hot 6
- Improve the performance of your Infinix Hot 6 by overclocking
- With the help of rooting, you can increase battery life by underclocking Infinix Hot 6
- Uninstall Bloatware/ system apps on Infinix Hot 6
- You can block Ads on any Android applications and other games
- Users can install the Xposed Framework on their device
Steps to Root Infinix Hot 6
You can root your device either by installing SuperSU or Magisk manager. Both of them work pretty great. We will be guiding for both the installations. Follow all the steps given down below.
Method 1: Rooting via SuperSUFull Guide to install SuperSU on your phone
Method 2: Rooting via MagiskFull Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
So this is how you can install TWRP and root your Infinix Hot 6 (X606/X606B) Android smartphone. Please make sure to root only via one method. If you ask me, go with Magisk method as its easy and work great on all android devices. If you’re having any issue or problems with the guide, then let us know. We will be happy to help you. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!